Sliding door ordered and when installers were putting it in they noticed a scratch on new screen door and threshold was ripped.

I called the store and at that point seemed accommodating. Now they say I agreed to the order (nice guy who took order had only worked in that dept 2 weeks and he needed help from another staff member to complete the order as he had never done some aspects of the order.

Now Home Depot on Virginia Street in Reno NV insinuated that I agreed to the order being incorrect and they will order me a new door but I will have to pay another $400 installation fee and a 15% restocking fee.

I am a home rehab/flipping company owner and I am not uneducated on what is right and normal in a home and what is not. They are not providing the customer service I demand and think I deserve. I believe they are taking the approach they are because they believe I am an uneducated woman who does not know or understand what I wanted and needed in a sliding glass patio door. I am neither uneducated or *** Home Depot. I am contacting my network of thousands of home real estate investors/home rehab businesses to advise them how Home Depot on South Virginia Street in Reno NV has been treated.

Review about: Home Depot Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

Your complaint suggests you don't quite know what you are talking about.You start by saying the door was damaged but then say it was the wrong door.

If it was damaged they would have ordered new parts or a replacement door at no additional charge. You then say the door was ordered wrong. Which one is it? If you ordered the wrong door, yes they should charge a restock and installation fee.

As a consumer you have the responsibility to look at the order and make sure it is what you want...correct sizes, colors etc. If you don't know enough about the product to know if what you are reading on the order is correct you need to have someone who knows what they are doing (not someone working for the store) review what you are ordering.

You are signing a legal contract when you place the order.As an adult you need to take responsibility for your actions rather than blaming someone else for your mistakes.