2.0
Layout of Store

On 12 Jul 15 my antique truck was hit and significantly dented by a Home Depot cart in the sloped parking lot of the local Home Depot (Williston, VT). This occurred while I was checking my phone inside the vehicle before departing, so I know it happened there. I immediately went inside to ask if they could look at camera footage to see who did this, They said the could not do that and called a manager. After a 15 minute wait, someone (not sure it was a manager) arrived, took my information, came to the parking lot to take a picture of the damage and said they would file a claim and I would hear from the insurance company.

After 2 weeks of unreturned calls with the insurance center, the adjuster, just now (30 Jul 15) said 'we can't help you and its too late to retrieve footage'. Seriously? I'm in shock at how this was handled.

My advice, if this ever happens to you, is not to leave when they are attempting to placate you. I was given the impression this would be taken care of. Clearly it was a tactic to get a potentially upset customer out of their store. Apparently, the 4 minute phone call with the adjuster was all they needed to close this 'investigation'. Seems pretty inadequate and disrespectful to me.

I will NEVER shop at ANY Home Depot again. They've lost a lifetime of business through how they have conducted this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Manager.

Preferred solution: Do the right thing. .

Comments