Williston, Vermont
2.0
Layout of Store

On 12 Jul 15 my antique truck was hit and significantly dented by a Home Depot cart in the sloped parking lot of the local Home Depot (Williston, VT). This occurred while I was checking my phone inside the vehicle before departing, so I know it happened there. I immediately went inside to ask if they could look at camera footage to see who did this, They said the could not do that and called a manager. After a 15 minute wait, someone (not sure it was a manager) arrived, took my information, came to the parking lot to take a picture of the damage and said they would file a claim and I would hear from the insurance company.

After 2 weeks of unreturned calls with the insurance center, the adjuster, just now (30 Jul 15) said 'we can't help you and its too late to retrieve footage'. Seriously? I'm in shock at how this was handled.

My advice, if this ever happens to you, is not to leave when they are attempting to placate you. I was given the impression this would be taken care of. Clearly it was a tactic to get a potentially upset customer out of their store. Apparently, the 4 minute phone call with the adjuster was all they needed to close this 'investigation'. Seems pretty inadequate and disrespectful to me.

I will NEVER shop at ANY Home Depot again. They've lost a lifetime of business through how they have conducted this.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "do the right thing" as the author lost $1000. walruzuma is overall dissatisfied with Home Depot. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Home Depot.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Supermarkets and Malls category for more informed decision or compare Home Depot to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments