The Home Depot web site had a banner stating that they would take an "addition 20%" off "the lowest retail price" on all in stock patio furniture not including resin dining sets which would be done at the register.I thought great we need a new patio set, so I entered my cell number and the offer was sent via text to my phone.

I made a special trip to HD to get one, (not a resin one) the price tag was marked at $319 with no other disclaimers. Such as the price listed reflects our discounts etc or similar. The "the lowest retail price" was hanging on a sign by the item. When I went to pay and showed them the 20% offer on my phone they said the 20% was already taken off the price and would not honor the offer.

They said the offer is supposed to be 20% the original retail price. I went over the fine print with the store manager and said show me where it says it is 20% off the original retail price. IT DIDN'T! I told him when I walk into any store to buy anything, the price tag listed is the "lowest retail price." He just said I am not taking anything else off the price.

I left the store (for the last time as I am not going back) with out buying anything.Good luck dealing with this company, I would suggest using their competition as I will be.

Review about: Home Depot Manager.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

To save time and hassle most retailers when they run a promotion/advertisement they mark down the price to the sale price in the store so people can see the exact price they will be paying.It also helps them make them aware that the item IS ON SALE.

The problem is you wanted an additional 20% off making it a grand total of 40% off. Patio furniture this time of the year are on seasonal close-out and marked down a certain % that was the 20% you got notice of.

It was already marked down the 20% what's so hard to understand?Nothing!

to SharkNasty #983295

The original poster is correct, you're not. The price shown in the store is the lowest retail price. If a coupon says take x% off lowest retail price then it's that price minus x%.