So we decided to get a patio door from Home Depot.It was one they had on display, but they didn't have our size in stock.

They had to order, which was fine. We waited patiently for a couple weeks for it to come in. They didn't ever call, so I called to see what the deal was and they said it looked like the installer should be calling us soon to schedule a time. When they called they didn't have any times available til like 2 weeks later, so I took off work the day we scheduled for, which was today.

They had told me the installer would be here between 8 and 10 AM and install would take all day, but they never showed at that time and no phone call was made to confirm the appt or anything. After 12, they call me to advise me that there is no way they can do it today because the door is not put together and that will take another 2 or 3 hours, which they didn't plan for. I explained that I took off work today just for this, but they insisted they couldn't do it today and would have to reschedule. Are you freaking kidding me???

This door has been in since early this month and just now you notice it isn't put together??? Makes me wonder if it will even be the correct door, so we will probably go by to look at it ourselves. To top this off, while we were waiting for the door to come in during the first two weeks, I get a call from the same girl that ordered our door and took payment for it 2 days previous asking to follow up on what we thought about the door we were looking at. I called her back and she acted like we hadn't even ordered anything yet, that we just did a quote.

I said well, my credit card has been charged for one plus installation. She did more checking and finally found it. She also screwed up the parts that were needed and overcharged us. She put down 21 of one part when it should have been 3, so we had to straighten out the overcharge of like $166.

They also like to tack on little fees like limited access if they have to carry your door through the house to where it goes rather than outside around the house. Really???

I would think it is actually easier to carry through our house than around it anyway.For a company that is supposed to be reputable and experienced like Home Depot, I could not be more displeased...although maybe I should *** my tongue since this horrid experience is not over yet!

Review about: Home Depot Installation.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments