Here's one for you. I picked out flooring based on a 7 - 10 day install window after measurements taken. Two months earlier I had measurements taken for the same project, but they couldn't find them.

About 10 days after signing the agreement, and 5 days after the measurement, I received a call saying the flooring I chose would not be available for 4 to 6 WEEKS. I said to cancel my order, as I was rushing to get the flooring installed and place the townhome for rent. The person said she would cancel it.

Over a month later I received a statement from CitiBank for the flooring. I was confused, so I called Citi first. They said to call store. Store was no help.

I called their corporate offices in Atl. The department I reached was helpful and contacted the store. The store said they tried to cancel the charge but couldn't reach me to get MY approval to credit my Citi/Home Depot Card account. So the store said they would request and send a check so I could pay my Citi bill.

NO CHECK ARRIVED.

I kept in contact with corporate and they supposedly bantered back and forth with the store for a few weeks. According to corporate, the store requested ANOTHER check and mailed it.

NO CHECK ARRIVED.

Next, corporate said they would take care of it and faxed me a waiver to sign that would excuse Home Depot of any liability and would facilitate another check. AT THIS POINT, I am a LITTLE UNEASY signing over my rights. I would like corporate to sign the waiver/reimbursement agreement, so I can have a copy, before I sign.

As of now, I'm a little tired of it all. I just called CitiBank and contested the charge. The charge will now be reviewed a "judgement" passed in under 60 days.

Bottom line: don't trust Home Depot. 'nuff said

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments