WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! BEWARE OF HOME DEPOT IN HOME INSTALLATION SERVICES! Please don't just take my word for it. I found these when I was going through *** with Homedepot when they tried to ripp me off on a couple of installations and my elderly mom who is 82 yrs old.

If an average handyman or contractor tried to do Home Depot tried to do to me, that contractor would most likely lose their licenses and possibly be brought up on contractor fraud charges. Unfortunately they have a lot of protection with a name Home Depot and shady policys that keep them leaning over the line with out crossing it as far as a court of law may be concerned. But be very careful with them. Luckily they did not succeed in ripping me off but they came close and if I did not know better about building and materials I would have been a victim

Shame on them. If you are a contractor BOYCOT them because now they are a competitor. If your just doing work around your house BOYCOT them for ripping off innocent people.They may try to sell you a roof if you don't need one. They may try to do the bait and switch tactic and get you in on one price and charge the *** out of you for any prep work. They will try to get you to pay for prep work to be done when in fact you don't need the work done. They skip out on taking any responsibility for these fraudulent actions by saying that they use subcontactors. But really they are hired through Home Depot are paid by Home Depot, and recieve training by Home Depot so really their subcontractors are just their so the company doesn't have to take responsibility.

My advice to anyone is forget about using the kitchen designers to plan your cabinets in kitchens. Good chance they will get the dimensions wrong and/or screw up your order at least once if your lucky. The quality of the materials and merchandise at the Home Depot now sells has slowly but consistently gotten worse. Good luck finding someone who's actually knowledgeable about anything in the department there working. There are a few, but just a few. Don't rely on the website or rely on calling the store prior to going there to check if an item is in stock. The inventory is constantly screwed up. Good chance if you ask an employee to physically go and check to see if the items on the shelf they will lie to you and say it is, when really all they do is look on the computer. The only time you will get any kind of satisfactory customer service is when the district managers are in town. There is at least one condescending arrogant know it all in each department whose knowledge is mediocre at best. Also if you buy something on special order and go there to pick it up they say to call two hours prior to arriving so they could get the order together. Never once have they had the order ready when I had got there. Most times the order was combined with somebody else's order or missing items in my order.

Review about: Home Depot Pick Up Service.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

First off there are no contractor licenses to be pulled, well not in my state as long as you carry general liability insurance you're legal.The laws allow for "unforeseen" circumstances where more work has been found than originally quoted.

The workers do the work, you pay for it, no one works for free! This "scam" you so call happens all too often where I'm on the job and things are as straight forward as it seemed until we've "pulled back the curtain" to realize there's rotten framing, sub-floor or joists ect.

You're mad you got burned on your budget.They can't polish your turd and you expect to get a diamond in the end.

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, United States #599771

You must have the worst luck in the world.It seems that everything that could possibly go wrong shopping at home depot happens to you.

I would seriously stay away from the Home Depot if I were you.

Who knows the next time you go back you might get hit by a forklift....thats about the only thing that hasn't happened to you yet.:grin