I purchased an LG washing machine Model # WT5101H on 11/27/2010.From HOME DEPOT and I also purchased the Home Depot extended 4 year warranty plan.

It was a $1100.00 washer on sale for $749.00 . On 10/6/2013 the machine broke down. I called Home Depot's warranty center on 10/7/2013 to have the washer repaired an they set up an appointment two days later on the 9th and said the repair man would be there between 8am & noon. So on the 9th I received a call around 11am from the repairman and said he would be there around 5pm.

When he got there he looked at the machine an said the whole motor assembly would have to be replaced an that it would take 10 to 14 days to get the part which I thought was ridiculous. The next day I called an LG service and was told it only takes 24 to 48 ours to get the parts. So then I called Home Depot Warranty and told them what I found out, and I was told that they could no authorize any one else to repair it. I waited until 10/29/2013 and called them again and was told that the claim was not authorized yet.

I could not believe it, nothing had been done, the parts weren’t even ordered . Then I asked to talk to a manager. When I talked to the manager I was told the same thing and there was nothing she could do about it. I lost it;;;;; Then when I told her I was going to report it to the BBB, and a local news TV channel she then connected me to another person by the name of Aron.

I had to explain every thing I went thru and he told me that he would have to find out what actually happened because that it only takes minutes to get this authorization not weeks. He told me that he would find out what happened an would call me back. About 45 minutes later he did call me back an said he had found the problem but he would not disclose it to me. Then he told me that he got everything straightened out and that the parts were in stock and that he had talked to the service man and promised me that it would be repaired on or before Monday 11/4/2013, he also gave me his phone number so that I could call him back if there was still a problem and that he would call me on Tuesday the 5th to make sure that the repairs were made, So I waited until Monday the 4th of November and decided to call the service center that was suppose to do the repairs and was told that the parts were on order and haven't come in yet.

So then I called Aron at Home Depot warranty and ended up leaving a message on his answering machine about this but he never called me back, He never called me back on Tuesday either.So know here it it almost a month later and still don't have a washing machine to use.

Review about: Home Depot Repair.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

replaced all my appliances with lg had lots of issues before the Manufactures warranty expired.I will say that in the AREA I live in aN LG only rep came to the house ordered the parts and repaired the appliances.

Not an extended warranty actually LG trained rep.call 1-800 243 0000 this is on the manual that came with the appliances!!