Leeds, New York

Promised carpet installation (free) with pad if spend over $1200.00 First, the measurements are wrong; re-do; then the installers arrive and they plan to 'glue' the carpet down, no pad!What the ***!

Calls to Home Depot - 'you never ordered the pad' - it was advertised as part of the deal! - then they tell me: 'the manufacturer says you can use just glue' - Really? You called China? I tell them they just cost me $1500 in labor cost to have all the furniture moved out and the lost revenue from the guest who was supposed to stay for a week - what do they plan to do about this?

'That's your problem'.Screw Home Depot - they have a sexist arrogant attitude towards women consumers and I am sick of them.

Review about: Carpet Installation.

2.8
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Home Depot Installation
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $1500
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

It always says includes carpet and pad. That's just a disclaimer. Doesn't mean you bought the pad.

Why don't you show the entire order rather than part of it?From what I can see it says nothing about pad and does indicate glue down.

I expect the empty box to the right of carpet may have been where pad would have been indicated. Some carpets are installed without pad. If a pad was being used there are a number of types and thickness available. This would have had to be shown on the order if it had been ordered.

This is just another case of a consumer that doesn't fully understand what they are purchasing. If it isn't on the order, you're not going to get it.

It doesn't take a Ph.D.to figure that out.

to Anonymous Craryville, New York, United States #867328

Do you notice the estimate that says "includes carpet and pad only" - my Ph.D.is not in carpet installation - I am supposed to know somehow magically that if you glue a carpet down you don't use a pad?

Especially when I told the sales person at the time I met with them to discuss my options I want exactly the same thing I have now - a carpet and pad.

And the estimate includes "carpet and pad".

*** you Home Depot
to HD Boston, Massachusetts, United States #866804

Home Depot are crooks! Never buy *** from those people!

*** you Home Depot
to HD Boston, Massachusetts, United States #866903

The Home Depot are crooks beware!