Home Depot - Treated like a '*** woman' - bait and switch on carpet installation

Promised carpet installation (free) with pad if spend over $1200.00 First, the measurements are wrong; re-do; then the installers arrive and they plan to 'glue' the carpet down, no pad!What the ***!

Calls to Home Depot - 'you never ordered the pad' - it was advertised as part of the deal! - then they tell me: 'the manufacturer says you can use just glue' - Really? You called China? I tell them they just cost me $1500 in labor cost to have all the furniture moved out and the lost revenue from the guest who was supposed to stay for a week - what do they plan to do about this?

'That's your problem'.Screw Home Depot - they have a sexist arrogant attitude towards women consumers and I am sick of them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Carpet Installation
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #530502 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Home Depot? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 15, 2014 #870601

It always says includes carpet and pad. That's just a disclaimer. Doesn't mean you bought the pad.

0 1 Reply

Sep 07, 2014 #867184

Why don't you show the entire order rather than part of it? From what I can see it says nothing about pad and does indicate glue down. I expect the empty box to the right of carpet may have been where pad would have been indicated. Some carpets are installed without pad. If a pad was being used there are a number of types and thickness available. This would have had to be shown on the order if it had been ordered. This is just another case of a consumer that doesn't fully understand what they are purchasing. If it isn't on the order, you're not going to get it. It doesn't take a Ph.D. to figure that out.

1 0 Reply

Sep 08, 2014 #867328 Craryville, New York

Do you notice the estimate that says "includes carpet and pad only" - my Ph.D. is not in carpet installation - I am supposed to know somehow magically that if you glue a carpet down you don't use a pad? Especially when I told the sales person at the time I met with them to discuss my options I want exactly the same thing I have now - a carpet and pad. And the estimate includes "carpet and pad".

Fuck you Home Depot

Sep 06, 2014 #866804 Boston, Massachusetts

Home Depot are crooks! Never buy *** from those people!

Fuck you Home Depot

Sep 07, 2014 #866903 Boston, Massachusetts

The Home Depot are crooks beware!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.