140 views
Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Oct 26, 2020

On December 15, 2019, we paid $6,308.43 to Home Depot for the completion of a hardwood floor instillation and a small tile instillation. Order ID # H4101-17****.

After we paid for the project, I was told that Home Depot would contact me within the first week of January so I could schedule a delivery for the flooring materials.

I did not hear from Home Depot at any point in January. I called the store on 1651 S Christopher Columbus Boulevard several times. Every single time I called, I was told that the project manager was unavailable. I even went to the store on two occasions, and the project manager was never available.

Home Depot did not contact me until February, and we scheduled a delivery for February 22, 2020 (68 days after we paid for the project).

On February 22, 2020, Home Depot delivered some of the materials.

They told me that they delivered ALL of the materials. I am not familiar with this type of project, so I took them at their word. The tile project was scheduled for instillation on February 28, 2020. The hardwood was scheduled for instillation on March 6, 2020.

On Friday, February 28, 2020, the third-party contractor (US Instillation Group located at 355 Water St, Wilmington, DE 19804) arrived at my home to complete the tiling project.

When he arrived, he informed me that Home Depot had not delivered the tile or the grout. Accordingly, he was unable to start the tile instillation.

I immediately called the store and spoke with the project manager, Jessica Mendez, at Home Depot. (specialtyds.4101@***.com). At first, Home Depot lied and insisted that they had delivered all of the materials.

After I insisted that they had not, Ms. Mendez looked over the delivery details and found out that Home Depotfor a reason that they did not explain to mesimply failed to deliver the tile, grout, AND the hardwood for my project. Ms. Mendez told me that I would receive a follow-up email by Sunday evening.

She further stated that Home Depot would call me to schedule a second delivery.

On the same date, I reached out to Home Depot customer service via Twitter (@HDCares). I was connected with someone named Kourtney F, who told me that she would follow up with me in 24¬48 hours. Kourtneys contact info is 1-80*-910-**** ext. 85625.

By Tuesday, March 3, 2020, I still had not received an email or a phone call.

I emailed Ms. Mendez and brought the failure to her attention. Ms. Mendez apologized and assured me that Dan Piacentino (Project Coordinator, US Instillations 215-675-****, 215-908-****) was supposed to contact me via email, but for some inexplicable reason, he decided not to.

On Wednesday, March 4, 2020, Mr. Piacentino coordinated with me and Home Depot, and we scheduled delivery of the remaining materials for Saturday, March 7, 2020. At this point in time, 78 days had passed since we paid for the project.

On Saturday, March 7, 2020, Home Depot delivered the remaining materials and assured me that ALL of the materials had been delivered. Inexplicably, Home Depot attempted to deliver a duplicate set of materials on Wednesday March, 11, 2020a delivery that they did not schedule with me.

They just showed up at my home, while I was at work, and attempted to drop off unnecessary materials. I immediately emailed Ms. Mendez at Home Depot and demanded an explanation. She blew me off; she did not respond to my email or call me.

No one from the store reached out to explain the failure.

I again contacted Kourtney F from @HDCares. She apologized for the inconvenience, and told me that she was unable to discuss the matter any further until the project was completed.

On Friday, March 20, 2020, Mr. Piacentino texted me (from the cell 215-908-****) and informed me that USIG was classified as an essential business, and he assured me that the project could move forward. On that same date, we scheduled instillation for the following Friday, March 30, 2020.

On Monday, March 23, 2020, I texted Mr.

Piacentino and confirmed that the instillation would go forward on March 30. He told me that he was no longer employed by USIG, and instructed me to contact Tim Inverso (tinverso@***s-instillations.com, 215-675-****). Before the end of that week, someone from USIG contacted me and told me that the project would be indefinitely on hold due to public health concerns related to COVID-19. At this point in time, 98 days had passed since we paid for the project.

At some point in April, USIG contacted me and informed me that they could move forward with the project, and we scheduled yet another instillation (both hardwood and tile) for May 15, 2020.

On Friday, May 15, 2020, USIG completed most of the hardwood instillation, but they were unable to fully complete the project because Home Depot apparently failed to deliver enough hardwood material. Thus, the USIG team left my home, and my stairs were left with bare subflooring and exposed staples and nails. My kitchen was also left with bare subflooring.

Moreover, USIG could not complete or even start the tiling instillation, because the tile (which was delivered by Home Depot on March 7, 2020) was damaged. Every single tile in every single box was cracked and unusable.

I called the store and demanded an explanation. I spoke to the Assistant Manager, Ken (last name unknown). Ken was extremely rude to me. He offered no explanation, but he promised me that he would look into it and reach out to me later that same day.

Predictably, Ken didnt bother reaching out.

As if that werent enough, the instillation crew from USIG poured grout and tile spacers into my kitchen sinkan idiotic series of acts that damaged my garbage disposal. We had to replace the garbage disposal, which costed us about $100.

I again reached out to Kourtney F. via @HDCares on Twitter, and I explained Home Depots multiple failures. At this point in time, 151 days had passed since we paid for the project.

By May 20, 2020, I still had not heard from Ken or anyone else from Home Depot. I called the store, again, and spoke to Ken, again. I reminded Ken that he was supposed to call me back the previous Friday. He was extremely rude, again, and informed me that he had pawned the responsibility off onto someone named Jim.

I spoke to Jim, who told me that the store had not yet received the rest of my materials. He further informed me that he would immediately schedule delivery for the remaining materials, once they were delivered to the Store. At some point before the end of May, Jim hand-delivered the remaining materials to my home.

I again reached out to Kourtney F. via @HDCares on Twitter, and updated her on the progression of the situation.

The project was scheduled for yet another instillation on June 18, 2020.

On that date, USIG finally completed the project. We discovered later, however, that USIG poured grout down our kitchen sinkyet again. They also put a screw and a broken, rusted razor blade down the drain. These moronic, bizarre acts caused yet another garbage disposal to break, which we had to the tune of approximately $100.

On June 18, 2020, after the project was complete and the instillation crew left my home, I immediately contacted Kourtney F.

via @HDCares on Twitter. I told her that I was extremely dissatisfied with the experience and informed her that I was requesting a full refund of $6,308.43. She did not respond to my message that day, the following day, the day after that, the day after that, or the day after that. At this point in time, 186 days had passed since we paid for the project.

Notably, only 53 of those days were attributable to COVID-19 delays (the time frame between March 23 and May 15). On June 22, 2020, I again reached out to Kourtney F. via @HDCares on Twitter, and said, Excuse me, why are you suddenly blowing me off? She finally responded, after I posted several disparaging Tweets about Home Depots awful customer service.

She told me that she would follow up with me. At this point in time, 189 days had passed since we paid for the project. On July 7, 2020, I, again reached out to Kourtney F. via @HDCares on Twitter and asked her for a status update on my refund.

I also informed her that some of the hardwood floorboards had already come completely loose. Following that message, two additional floorboards came loose. She ignored me. On July 8, 2020, I still had not heard back from Kourtney F.

or anyone else from Home Depot. I, again reached out to Kourtney F. via @HDCares on Twitter. She ignored me, again, until I posted several disparaging Tweets about Home Depots terrible service.

She, again, told me that she would follow up when she had more information. At this point in time, 206 days had passed since we paid for the project. On July 15, 2020, Kourtney F. contacted me via Twitter and told me that her business partners offered a refund of $1,261 (case number 1794****).

She told me that she was going to email me and send me a settlement agreement. On July 16, 2020 at 7:14, p.m., she told me to allow 72 hours for receipt of the settlement letter. On July 19, 2020, I did not receive the letter via mail or email. I, again, reached out to Kourtney vie @HDCares on Twitter.

I informed her that I never received the settlement letter. She ignored me. On July 20, 2020, I reached out to Kourtney F., again. She ignored me, again.

She did not respond until I posted several disparaging Tweets about Home Depots terrible customer service. She did not respond until July 21, 2020, and finally sent the letter on that date. The letter indicated that Home Depot was offering a refund in the amount of $1,261.00 to the original form of payment. The letter further indicated that if I accepted the offer, I should sign the letter and mail it back to 2455 Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30339.

On July 22, 2020, I accepted the refund offer, signed the letter, and mailed it back to the indicated address, as instructed. I kept a copy of the signed, dated letter for my own records.

By August 12, 2020, three weeks had passed since I signed the letter and indicated my acceptance of the offer, but I had not heard from anyone from Home Depot. I faxed a copy of the signed letter to the fax number indicated on the settlement form. I have proof that Home Depot received that fax.

At this point in time, 241 days had passed since we paid for the project.

By August 21, 2020, I still had not heard from anyone. I direct-messaged @TheHomeDepot and @HDCares on Twitter. The content of that message stated "I signed, mailed, and faxed my letter and haven't heard from anyone. What is the hold up?" Kourtney F.

and Home Depot ignored my message. At this point in time, 250 days had passed since we paid for the project.

On August 24, 2020, I again messaged @TheHomeDepot and @HDCares on Twitter. Both Kourtney and Home Depot ignored me.

On August 25, 2020, I email John_T_Howton@***.com and customer_care@***.com. I informed them that I had tried to contact them several times to no avail.

Home Depot did not contact me until August 26, 2020. Kourtney F. called my cellphone and informed me that Home Depot never received the signed settlement letter because no one is at HQ right now. Nonetheless, Kourtney informed me that my refund would be issued that night, and Home Depot would call me if they needed any additional information.

Today is Monday, October 26, 2020.

Three hundred and sixteen (316) days have passed since we paid for this project, and sixty-two (62) days have passed since Kourtney told me that my refund had been issued.

I have yet to receive my refund. Accordingly, I am filing this complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, as it is quite clear that Home Depot has no intention of honoring our agreement

User's recommendation: Dont use Home Depot for flooring projects.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Installation.

Location: 1651 South Christopher Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19148

Comments

#1968658

We are going this this same exact issue right now. Only way way worse.

We paid approximately the same amount in 8/2020. One man came and brought his wife. They dumped thinset in our drains (also having garbage disposal problems), our dogs water was dumped on our subfloors to mix levelor powder s right onto our subfloors, used our tools (saw horses, saws and my husband) , my husband put in 8 hours straight of his own labor, no glue was placed down on sheet vinyl (air pockets are seen all throughout) major cuts are throughout, wife who came and was not a usig employee and sat on our couch watching tv while they weren’t arguing audible in our home in front of us. We spent days cleaning up powder, putting everything back etc.

are carpets(brand new from Home Depot) are all loose from them pulling up the metal strip which are all bashed and look like trash now and not holding the carpet at all nevermind holding it tightly. Absolutely NO COVID precautions were taken despite their many texts and emails tell us “how the company takes all the specific COVID-19 protocols in your home” , We have a special needs adult with several high risk factors, not even a mask was worn! they store all materials over a 2.5 day in our sunroom while our items were out in the rain, brought old wet and warped underlayment (charged us for all pieces but took many sheets with them when they left) We have made it a part time job calling and no one reaches out to us.

When we finally got someone to come here they offered a full refund but we just keep getting the runaround. That person was Angela Weaver @ USIG

Home Depot Reviews