2.5K views

I bought the 2" wood blinds from Home Depot a month ago for my kitchen and living room.It smells so bad, obviously a lot of chemicals was emitted.

I was thinking let it vent for a couple of days and the smell will go away. But almost a month has passed, the smell is still so strong. It doesn't help even by openning the window. I can not believe Home Depot can sell products like this.

I am wondering if this kind of product has to pass certain test to be in the US market. I mean the chemical vapor test. I really want to return the blinds, but I am not sure how difficult to deal with the service people in the Home Depot.

Totally disappointed by the quality of product, unbelievable.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

Thiensville, Wisconsin, United States #1223861

Return the blinds. Take your receipt along and just tell them about the problem. They should give you a full refund.

Ours smell like cat urine...we're taking them back

San Antonio, Texas, United States #900854

I realize this is an old thread, but I have the same problem.And they are over 2 years old.

We bought the house right after the owners installed them and the chemical smell is still there.

I hate it.Never goes away!

#193708

I BOUGHT BLINDS FROM BLINDS TO GO AND THE SMELL IS AWFUL.THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD GO AWAY IT'S BEEN 6 MONTHS.

THEY ARE SENDING SOMEONE IN TO CHECK ON THE QUALITY.CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A COMPANY FOR VERTICAL BLINDS THAT DON'T SMELL.

The townhouse came with the smelly blinds, the smell is unhealthy.They really stink.

They must be from Home Depot as most of the accesories that came with the townhouse. No wonder several neighbors have replaced them.

I will replaced them this week.No many back, just waste.

I bought the 2" faux wood blinds made by Design View for Home Depot (Made in China), they also smell of rotten eggs or something.I am concerned about the safety of these things, not to mention the horrible smell.

I have small kids.I bought and put them up myself but I too wonder if they will take them back or come get them and replace with safe blinds.

Thanks!Mine were the white painted blinds.

I was able to get my money back from Home Depot even after they blinds were in for 2 months. I couldn't take the smell anymore - it was especially bad when exposed to heat or sunlight. They'd never heard of this - but were fine with the return since it was within the 90 day window - store bought and I installed/uninstalled and repacked.

So glad I kept the original box!I ended up getting the faux wood - not quite as nice but my nose is much happier!

Marysville, Michigan, United States #8986

Yes EJ I did get my money back from this retarded company called 3d.

It took Months, but I got my money back and some drunk installer came out to my house to take the blinds out. made a mess, now I am having this 3d paint my walls for free.. Will NEVER shop at the HOMe DepoT again..Shop at the Bay Had a better experience.

I have the same problem with the horribly smelly blinds. I really love the look of them, but it awful - and such a weird odor. Any luck with your return?

Imlay City, Michigan, United States #8245

GET RID OF THOSE SMELLY BLINDS,GET YOUR MONEY BACK, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE..