Consumer's Beware of Home Depot's Deceptive Roofing Practices
It's amazing that Home Depot cited "unforeseen conditions", when both the sales person and the installation manager were verbally told, by the home owner, that it was plank decking under the shingles of the roof.Seven weeks prior to the work beginning, at the signing of the contract, I invited the salesman into my home to view the exposed underside of the plank decking in the partially finished attic, and the day of the installation I invited the installation manager to do the same and they both refused.
After the roofers tore away a large section of shingles I received a phone conference with the sales person and installation manager and they informed me they would not work with the plank decking and I would have to pay an additional $2000 in order to re-deck the roof entirely or the roofers would walk off the job. When the amended contract arrived with the same salesman the amount had ballooned to nearly $3000. It was mid-October, and getting colder, and their shady business dealings forced me to overpay for a site condition that the company was made fully aware of more than a month prior to beginning work. Where is the "unforeseen condition" when the homeowner, myself, demonstrated due diligence by completely informing the pertinent parties?
I have requested Home Depot return my nearly $3000, along with the additional money it will cost to fix the extensive damages that were inflicted on my property by the reckless roofers employed by Home Depot.To date Home Depot has refused to accept any and all responsibility and they have cloaked their deceptive business practice behind the guise of "unforeseen conditions".
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceptive business practice
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My dog loves going to Home Depot. I take him there and to pet stores because he LOVES going and it's one of the few places that let dogs go..."
- "Product ordered: new dishwasher Installation: paid in full. Issue: On 12/15/2013 Home Depot delivery service came to haul, deliver and install dishwasher. While removing old dishwasher in forceful way, Home Depot personnel..."
- "They put an item on line to sell but will not ship to my home or to local store (Even Walmart does that!), but tried to talk with local store..."
- "While visiting Zion National Park last week Of Sept. 2014, my husband and I rented a car from your facility in Vegas. When we reached Zion, I noticed that..."
- "This is the first purchase I ever made entirely based off of aesthetic value since it wasn't available to experience in the store. I bought the soft stitch quilt online..."
- "I parked my car at the United Dairy Farmer parking lot at 1680 N High St OSU Campus went across the street and came back and this crazy woman come..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."
- "I have been working for IDC as a high-tech recruiter. IDC is filled with new and latest technology and I learned many new strategies and techniques while working for IDC...."
- "I purchased a new home in May of 2016 from this builder in Indianola Iowa. The home itself was beautiful and they did an overall great job. I did not..."