The Home Depot HDE

250 of 1443 Home Depot reviews

Consumer's Beware of Home Depot's Deceptive Roofing Practices

It's amazing that Home Depot cited "unforeseen conditions", when both the sales person and the installation manager were verbally told, by the home owner, that it was plank decking under the shingles of the roof.Seven weeks prior to the work beginning, at the signing of the contract, I invited the salesman into my home to view the exposed underside of the plank decking in the partially finished attic, and the day of the installation I invited the installation manager to do the same and they both refused.

After the roofers tore away a large section of shingles I received a phone conference with the sales person and installation manager and they informed me they would not work with the plank decking and I would have to pay an additional $2000 in order to re-deck the roof entirely or the roofers would walk off the job. When the amended contract arrived with the same salesman the amount had ballooned to nearly $3000. It was mid-October, and getting colder, and their shady business dealings forced me to overpay for a site condition that the company was made fully aware of more than a month prior to beginning work. Where is the "unforeseen condition" when the homeowner, myself, demonstrated due diligence by completely informing the pertinent parties?

I have requested Home Depot return my nearly $3000, along with the additional money it will cost to fix the extensive damages that were inflicted on my property by the reckless roofers employed by Home Depot.To date Home Depot has refused to accept any and all responsibility and they have cloaked their deceptive business practice behind the guise of "unforeseen conditions".

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Home Depot Roof Installation
Review category
Household Services
review #763018

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Home Depot? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
250 of 1443 Home Depot reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.