Consumer's Beware of Home Depot's Deceptive Roofing Practices

It's amazing that Home Depot cited "unforeseen conditions", when both the sales person and the installation manager were verbally told, by the home owner, that it was plank decking under the shingles of the roof.Seven weeks prior to the work beginning, at the signing of the contract, I invited the salesman into my home to view the exposed underside of the plank decking in the partially finished attic, and the day of the installation I invited the installation manager to do the same and they both refused.

After the roofers tore away a large section of shingles I received a phone conference with the sales person and installation manager and they informed me they would not work with the plank decking and I would have to pay an additional $2000 in order to re-deck the roof entirely or the roofers would walk off the job. When the amended contract arrived with the same salesman the amount had ballooned to nearly $3000. It was mid-October, and getting colder, and their shady business dealings forced me to overpay for a site condition that the company was made fully aware of more than a month prior to beginning work. Where is the "unforeseen condition" when the homeowner, myself, demonstrated due diligence by completely informing the pertinent parties?

I have requested Home Depot return my nearly $3000, along with the additional money it will cost to fix the extensive damages that were inflicted on my property by the reckless roofers employed by Home Depot.To date Home Depot has refused to accept any and all responsibility and they have cloaked their deceptive business practice behind the guise of "unforeseen conditions".

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of deceptive business practice. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "deceptive business practice" of home depot roof installation and associated monetary loss in the amount of $4000. Home Depot needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned home depot roof installation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Home Depot.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments