Consumer's Beware of Home Depot's Deceptive Roofing Practices
It's amazing that Home Depot cited "unforeseen conditions", when both the sales person and the installation manager were verbally told, by the home owner, that it was plank decking under the shingles of the roof.Seven weeks prior to the work beginning, at the signing of the contract, I invited the salesman into my home to view the exposed underside of the plank decking in the partially finished attic, and the day of the installation I invited the installation manager to do the same and they both refused.
After the roofers tore away a large section of shingles I received a phone conference with the sales person and installation manager and they informed me they would not work with the plank decking and I would have to pay an additional $2000 in order to re-deck the roof entirely or the roofers would walk off the job. When the amended contract arrived with the same salesman the amount had ballooned to nearly $3000. It was mid-October, and getting colder, and their shady business dealings forced me to overpay for a site condition that the company was made fully aware of more than a month prior to beginning work. Where is the "unforeseen condition" when the homeowner, myself, demonstrated due diligence by completely informing the pertinent parties?
I have requested Home Depot return my nearly $3000, along with the additional money it will cost to fix the extensive damages that were inflicted on my property by the reckless roofers employed by Home Depot.To date Home Depot has refused to accept any and all responsibility and they have cloaked their deceptive business practice behind the guise of "unforeseen conditions".
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceptive business practice
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "WARNING: Do not have HD install your vinyl fence or it will look like this pic soon after their year warranty for poor labor is up. The entire..."
- "2 different colors of exterior paint and both for wood and stucco surfaces with very bad coverage and problems. Both paints are the same product except different colors. Tan paint seperates..."
- "Had outside doors measured and installed. Argued with the Home Depot Mgr who measured the opening that I did not need doors cut down. Treaded me like..."
- "Steak n shake in Streetsboro, Ohio. Dirty. Passed 6 tables full of left over food with none of the 4 people repeatedly walking by making any effort to clean..."
- "Ive been using the shampoo & conditioner for about a month & now my hair is worse & falling out ! I dont use any heat or relaxant on..."
- "The following letter says it all: “Light University Online leadership promised a group of students, including my family and I, a “lifetime” scholarship and also transferable credits to my local..."
- "I have been doing business with Webber and Grahn for 6 years. They installed the original equipment in my building and have maintained it ever sense. Their people are clean,..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "I have been a Primus customer for about 8 months and read the bad reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. I can confirm the bad reviews, it..."