143 views
Verified Reviewer

2.3

I ordered carpet through HD. A technician came to measure, I was sent a diagram and estimate by e-mail.

Rather than just order, I went into the King of Prussia store and sat with the floor rep for 45 minutes going through the order, confirming that we had existing tile floor (which the measure tech knew), talking about the quarter round removal, where the seams would be, etc. I was thorough! Installers were scheduled for a Friday. I moved EVERYTHING out of the room myself, disconnected the cable, etc.

Mid-morning, I was called and told someone had a family emergency and they would have to reschedule...they would call me back. Hours later I called them back, and they scheduled for 12-3 the following day (Saturday). On Saturday morning, I received a call confirming 12-3 arrival. At around 11 I received a call narrowing the time down to 1-2 arrival.

At 3:15, no one had arrived so I tried to call the office, only to find out the office closed at Noon. Finally, at around 3:45 the installers showed up...without a mask (COVID). We requested they put on a mask and they did. When they came to the basement to see the spot, they said a) they were going to glue it to the tile floor but didn't have liquid nails, then b) that they were not going to remove the baseboard (1/4 inch round) to install.

What??? They were literally going to glue the carpet to the floor. We have built three houses, some with wall-to-wall, and NEVER have I heard of such a thing.

Not to mention, even if I had let him do it, he didn't have the liquid nails. Canceling order and expect a full refund!

User's recommendation: Go to an actual flooring company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Carpet Installation.

Home Depot Pros: Advertised free installation.

Home Depot Cons: Installer had no idea what he was doing.

Location: 181 South Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406

Comments

#1929657

The BIGGEST deadline of 2020 is in 2 days. Pres Trump's GOP allies are in danger of missing their goal. http://teamtrump.co/36d

Home Depot Reviews