Verified Reviewer

2.4

I purchased a French Patio Door on 12/07/20 and was scheduled to be delivered on 12/12/20. Well, Saturday came and my door never arrived!

I never received a phone call, email or any other notification.

I called the store numerous time (Wilkes Barre, PA) and the phone rang for a minimum of 15 minutes and nobody answered. Finally, after the last call, I waited 20 minutes and someone finally answered. This is when they advised me the door never left the store and could not be delivered until Monday at the earliest.

I missed a day of work waiting for the door, which cost me $129.68 in wages. I again have to take another day of work off on Monday, waiting for the delivery (another $129.68 in wages).

I paid $100 to a contractor who waited for the door to arrive before finally leaving. Then there is the $79 delivery fee. So far, it has cost me $308.68, not including the purchase price of the door, and I have yet to receive my product as promised.

Then when we went to purchase the door on two separate occasions, we were not assisted by any worker at all the first time, so we just left the store. On our next visit, we waited just over an hour for someone to finally come and assist us.

Other workers went looking for the person who worked that area and promised they would be there shortly........more than an hour later. This is when we purchased the door. I should have known better then.

I am very disappointed is the service I have been receiving lately.

I've spent lots of money there over the years and continue to do so, but appears as though it's not appreciated!

Being compensated for this nightmare would be greatly appreciated. I am aware of the legal ramifications I can pursue since no remedy or waivers were in place for delivery concerning this matter.

Thank you for your projected cooperation in the above captioned matter.

Merry Christmas!

Bill Hizny

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 41 Spring Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702

Comments

#1966161

Most companies offer great service when trying to sell a product and may not provide the greatest serviced after the sale. In this case the terrible service you receive when trying to purchase the door should have given you a warning not to expect great service when it cam to delivery. I have found it best not to bother with any company that doesn't offer great service from the start.

Home Depot Reviews