Dec 27, 2017 we ordered all new bottom cabinets for the kitchen.They finally came in a month later, but one was damaged beyond repair so they sent off for a new one.

Replacement order on Jan 27,2018. Told it would be another month before it arrived. Been well over a month and still have not received my cabinet. Have been in constant contact.

We cannot complete the kitchen countertops without this one cabinet. Am told now that it may be April before we can get it. I am sooooo frustrated with Home Depot!

I doubt if I ever buy another thing from them!Bad enough having to deal with our home devastated from the floods from on Hurricane Harvey without Home Depot adding salt to our wounds.

Review about: Cabinet.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

You do realize that Home Depot doesn't build the cabinets don't you?You should be complaining about the cabinet manufacturer.

A word of advice for anyone shopping for cabinets. Get quotes from local cabinet shops before ordering cabinets from a big box store. You will find the prices extremely competitive. There is little risk of damage in shipping as they are made at the local shop.

They can also fix problems much faster. As an example, I had ordered new cabinets for my bathroom from a local shop. I was to remove the old cabinets before they came with the new ones. When I pulled out the tall cabinet the day before scheduled installation I found out the builder had hidden part of the chimney behind the cabinet by putting a 3" longer side on the exposed side of the cabinet.

I called the cabinet shop and they modified the cabinet they had built and still installed it on the scheduled day.

I had to pay for the modification but not nearly what I would have paid to order a different cabinet at a big box store, nor did I have to wait weeks for a new cabinet to arrive.Shop locally and support the small businesses in your community.

to Anonymous #1440855

Had considered that, but the whole area was devastated and would have to wait even longer for someone to be available. Also, there is plenty of shoddy workers in the area now.My sis in law has had nothing but troubles with contractors.And in reply to the manufacturer. I realize that they don’t make them, but they should have had us at the top of the list to receive the next shipment going out.We prefer to do the work ourselves as well.

to Anonymous #1442581

The companies that build the box cabinets don't have them sitting in warehouses.They are built and finished as the orders come in.

Some manufacturers will rush re-orders but they still take time to build and ship.I take it from the lead time you order Kraft Maid cabinets...not known for speed.