Home Depot - Simple dishwasher installation transforms into kitchen disaster
Product ordered: new dishwasher
Installation: paid in full.
Issue: On 12/15/2013 Home Depot delivery service came to haul, deliver and install dishwasher.While removing old dishwasher in forceful way, Home Depot personnel broke edge of kitchen counter top into 3 pieces.
Afterwards, the new dishwasher was brought in and they started hooking up the electric and water supply line in the back, but suddenly they stopped all progress there and decided to leave everything in shambles. The dishwasher is now half hooked up, but left sitting in the middle of the kitchen, the return line is not connected to disposal, and pieces of the old dishwasher are lying around our kitchen haphazardly. Kitchen is literally a mess as there was not even an effort made to tidy things or set things right.
Accidents happen, but the customer service I have received from Home Depot has been very disappointing.I paid in full for an installation service that is not complete at all.I am left on my own to figure out how to get the repair done, making phone calls to company who would be willing to give me an estimate, and scheduling time to have them come to my house.I have contacted Home Depot at multiple times via email and phone calls directly to the store in Okemos, MI.Many times, I was being told that the manager was not there and to call back the next day in the morning and of course when I called back the next day in the morning, same story repeated.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Dishwasher Installation
- Review category
- Household Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought back-splash tiles from home depot in the summer 2012. It took me weeks to get hold of their installation workers as they charged and promised to provide a..."
- "I went to Home Depot expecting a professional transaction along with professional installation. I went to the store and picked out doors that I needed to be installed, paid the..."
- "We ordered a custom JELD-WEN sliding glass door from Home Depot on 10/2012. It arrived via delivery van with a crack on the top of vinyl seam. The 2nd door..."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- "BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY THEIR GARBAGE!! This is is horrible fake, lying, sham of a company!! They steal copyrighted photos of other designer's clothing that is not theirs..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."
- " I stopped by the McDonald's located at 3026 N. Hampton Road, I Dallas, TX 75212 to buy something to eat and charge my phone (which was completely dead). Around..."