Okemos, Michigan
Featured Not resolved

Product ordered: new dishwasher

Installation: paid in full.

Issue: On 12/15/2013 Home Depot delivery service came to haul, deliver and install dishwasher.While removing old dishwasher in forceful way, Home Depot personnel broke edge of kitchen counter top into 3 pieces.

Afterwards, the new dishwasher was brought in and they started hooking up the electric and water supply line in the back, but suddenly they stopped all progress there and decided to leave everything in shambles. The dishwasher is now half hooked up, but left sitting in the middle of the kitchen, the return line is not connected to disposal, and pieces of the old dishwasher are lying around our kitchen haphazardly. Kitchen is literally a mess as there was not even an effort made to tidy things or set things right.

Accidents happen, but the customer service I have received from Home Depot has been very disappointing.I paid in full for an installation service that is not complete at all.I am left on my own to figure out how to get the repair done, making phone calls to company who would be willing to give me an estimate, and scheduling time to have them come to my house.I have contacted Home Depot at multiple times via email and phone calls directly to the store in Okemos, MI.Many times, I was being told that the manager was not there and to call back the next day in the morning and of course when I called back the next day in the morning, same story repeated.

Review about: Home Depot Installation.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

Ham Lake, Minnesota, United States #799081

Your title calls this a "simple" installation. If it is so "simple" why don't you just finish it up and get over it. It always amazes me that people who won't do a "simple" job themselves think it should be so quick and easy for those that actually do the work.

This reply is meant only to clarify- not to provoke further argument.Per the installation company's own words, they were required to leave in order to avoid causing further damage and liability on their part.

My attitude, although frustrated, was at no time any disrespectful. My wife and I are very forgiving people and understand that accidents happen. What is disturbing is not at all that damage occured; it is the lack of accountability or response that has followed.

We have had to make countless phone calls without response, spend time getting new quotes for fixes which have not been honored thus far, and have in no way been reimbursed for the installation fee.This is where my frustration lies.

MikeBrady
to Anonymous #797884

To clarify - what happened between "Afterwards, the new dishwasher was brought in and they started hooking up the electric and water supply line in the back" and "suddenly they stopped all progress there and decided to leave everything in shambles"?Was that when you brought up the broken counter top?

I understand what they told you about liability but why did they have to say that?

Did they come to you and say that something was wrong?Was there some argument?

MikeBrady
Chantilly, Virginia, United States #797280

Something is missing here - service people do not typically walk away from a job without a reason or explanation.

First it looks like a very flimsy countertop that would be easy to break accidentally. I am willing to bet your attitude wasn't the best and they left due to comments you were making. They wouldn't just walk out without reason.

So how poorly did you treat them so they felt the need to leave? And so you know, haphazardly is a bad description for your kitchen.