1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

In November 2017, I purchased a washer/dryer for my rental. Before purchasing, I chatted with a customer service rep to make sure the units would fit in my space.

They assured me they would. The units got delivered on December 13th. The tenants signed for them, because there was no damage to them. The installation crew came later to install them and realized they were too large for the space.

However, since they had been signed for, Home Depot (specifically the manager at the store) refused to help us in any way. After a month of phone calls, chats, emails, I am stuck with a washer and dryer that do not fit in the W/D room....and the manager's advice?

Sell them on Craigslist and buy some more from us. I think that requiring customers to sign for major appliances before installation is a very confusing and unfair policy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Sale price.

I didn't like: Way i was treated by mgmt, Idea of customer service needs work, Policies regarding signature before installation.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 22.

Comments

OP:

Management above store management makes the policies that customers Do Not like.

So the best thing to do is to send a letter to their Corporate Headquarters.

That information is found on their website.

to Anonymous #1422831

Thank you! I will do that.