Review about Home Depot Door Installation from Saint Albans, West Virginia
I went to Home Depot expecting a professional transaction along with professional installation.I went to the store and picked out doors that I needed to be installed, paid the $30.00 deposit for professional measurement then waited for the installation.
Keep in mind that this all began April 7, 2008. During the first door install attempt the measurements were wrong so the door was taken back to the store. The door was scuffed very badly too but the store sent the contractor back to try and make the install anyways. I refused so the door was returned.
The store blamed the contractor and the contractor decided to match the price difference of a larger size door that would cost a little more since they don't carry that size door in stock. Two weeks went by and I happened to walk by the store and the clerk said I'm glad you came by, the reason I asked you to come in was to make sure which door you wanted?? No one ever called me to come in and this happened twice. Then I called the store and they said I needed to pay my end of the price difference.
I thought that they would tack in the bill so I paid over the phone. Then the clerk called me two days later and said that they needed money for the prices difference. I told him I already paid and sent a copy of my e-receipt. I was told they had problems with the system.
I contacted Home Depot in Atlanta who assured me that they would be monitoring the issue. When the door did arrive 3 weeks later they delivered a swing out door with a threshold that didn't match my setup. Ugghhhh. During this entire time I had a large tarp covering the back door to keep rain out because on the initial install they had to remove the back door and reinstall so I had A thin gap around the door.
Keep in mind I'm trying to sell the house. A new door had to be ordered but it won't be installed till July 23, 2015. The only assistance I received from Corporate Customer Service in Atlanta was to inform me when the next install would take place which I was already informed. No offer to expedite the order was ever provided.
The total time for install from start to finish will be 106 days so long as the doors that arrives is a correct fit.I did contact BBB just to have a record on file because I have no hope in Home Depot to do anything above and beyond.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Home Depot Door Installation
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "One year ago I had a kitchen installation including all stainless steel appliances and good quality cabinets. The job was done by Mr. Floors, contracted by Home Depot. ..."
- "Installed this in multiple bathrooms at the same time, after the first installation of the seals didn't take, tested multiple sealants on untouched seam and sanded seam areas and still..."
- "On Dec 28, 2015 after about of month of searching, comparing, and agonizing over cost, my husband and I ordered the Home Decorators Collection Rosengrant in Black Distressed Finish. It..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "I have been an Oreo fanatic my entire life. I'm 68 years old. But i was never so disappointed when i opened this package of Oreo's expecting to get what..."
- "I have had horrible service from these people. Still don't have my order and they have t responded to emails. Here is their business information for anyone wishing to contact..."
- "I waited over an entire week waiting for my Double Eagle Thompson M1A1 FPS-300 Spring Airsoft Rifle to ship, but it never had yet. I had recently called their number,..."
- "Expedia will not honor cancellation insurance! Do not buy into it! Had a very very bad experience. You would think a company as large as Expedia would have some integrity..."