Saint Albans, West Virginia

I went to Home Depot expecting a professional transaction along with professional installation.I went to the store and picked out doors that I needed to be installed, paid the $30.00 deposit for professional measurement then waited for the installation.

Keep in mind that this all began April 7, 2008. During the first door install attempt the measurements were wrong so the door was taken back to the store. The door was scuffed very badly too but the store sent the contractor back to try and make the install anyways. I refused so the door was returned.

The store blamed the contractor and the contractor decided to match the price difference of a larger size door that would cost a little more since they don't carry that size door in stock. Two weeks went by and I happened to walk by the store and the clerk said I'm glad you came by, the reason I asked you to come in was to make sure which door you wanted?? No one ever called me to come in and this happened twice. Then I called the store and they said I needed to pay my end of the price difference.

I thought that they would tack in the bill so I paid over the phone. Then the clerk called me two days later and said that they needed money for the prices difference. I told him I already paid and sent a copy of my e-receipt. I was told they had problems with the system.

I contacted Home Depot in Atlanta who assured me that they would be monitoring the issue. When the door did arrive 3 weeks later they delivered a swing out door with a threshold that didn't match my setup. Ugghhhh. During this entire time I had a large tarp covering the back door to keep rain out because on the initial install they had to remove the back door and reinstall so I had A thin gap around the door.

Keep in mind I'm trying to sell the house. A new door had to be ordered but it won't be installed till July 23, 2015. The only assistance I received from Corporate Customer Service in Atlanta was to inform me when the next install would take place which I was already informed. No offer to expedite the order was ever provided.

The total time for install from start to finish will be 106 days so long as the doors that arrives is a correct fit.I did contact BBB just to have a record on file because I have no hope in Home Depot to do anything above and beyond.

Review about: Home Depot Door Installation.

2.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

From April 7, 2008 to July 23, 2015 to resolve??? Why shop there at all?