Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Dec 03, 2020

Ordered a Samsung top freezer refrigerator from Home Depot online. Upon delivery it was noted that the door latch needed to be switched from the right to the left side.

Delivery men informed me that was not their job and a work request needed to be submitted to Home Depot. When I ordered this refrigerator online, there was nothing that mentioned door side. Why is this not included with delivery? So it was my unlucky day, 50/50 chance that the door hinge was on the wrong side.

Thanks Home Depot for reaching out and confirming this prior to delivery. Hard to believe this is an isolated incident. Now I have to wait 4 more days before someone from Home Depot can come and complete this job. So much for job efficiency.

There is no electrical or plumbing involved....just simple job accountability and efficiency. The photo is a gentleman who we paid to install the refrigerator doors so that I would have a place to store my insulin.

I am a diabetic and my health is my priority. Sorry Home Depot, could not wait 4 more days for you to finish your job.

User's recommendation: Have a place when ordering a refrigerator that door latch side can be noted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Home Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Home Depot Pros: Refrigerator was delivered in pieces.

Home Depot Cons: Doors not placed on refrigerator.

Location: 20 Gateway Village, Bluffton, SC 29910

Comments

#1958286

This is why you are better off making large purchases in a store. You assumed that the hinges would be switched.

In your complaint you said there was nothing on the order about switching the hinges. If this was important to you, you should have confirmed this would be done before you place the order.

#1958317
@PissedConsumer1958286

Always wonder about people who have such strong opinions and are anonymous. Don't you think if I knew the door was going to be an issue I would have mentioned it. In the past, the delivery people ALWAYS placed the door the way the customer wanted it upon delivery.

#1959141
@Rolf K

In the past if you had a phone it was connected to a wire and had a rotary dial. In the past if you wanted to buy something you had to go to a store to buy it.

In the past if you took a flight on airplane you could check your luggage without paying extra for it. Just because it was that way in the past doesn't mean it is that way today.

With companies continually looking for new ways to cut costs and increase profits you can never assume that things will be done the same way they were in the past. Play it safe and confirm the details of purchases before making them.

Home Depot Reviews