129 views
Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

3.5

Buying an appliance? I'm an idiot, I guess.

I bought a new LG washing machine at The Home Depot, Southlake, TX on 10 July 2020. Delivery scheduled for 04 August 2020 (delay due to Covid-19, of course). The delivery folks would not remove my old washer from its pedestal nor install the new washer on the old pedestal. The Southlake store says they told me this was the case when I bought the new machine.

I guess I'm stupid, and so is my wife. We do not remember being told this, and it seems if I were told this, I probably would have done something about it at the time of purchase. Now, I've got a new washer on the floor and I've got to figure out how to get my existing pedestal underneath it.

Make sure, dear consumer, that when purchasing an appliance at The Home Depot that things like this are clear and you understand what's going to happen at delivery before you buy your appliance.

If you don't, you're going to be stuck with resolving the problem yourself. You'll get no reasonable resolution from your friendly Home Depot folks.

User's recommendation: Know the Details When Buying an Appliance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Home Depot Pros: Variety of products.

Home Depot Cons: Poor problem resolution.

Location: 300 S Village Center Dr, Southlake, TX 76092