123 views
Verified Reviewer

I invested money on Black Friday buying a microwave and dishwasher at Home Depot. Only to find out that the microwave after being installed sounds like a bomb going off after running over a minute.

I called Home Depot and informed them and they said that after 48 hours of having a product I have to contact GE. .

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Location: 13400 Market Street Rd, Houston, TX 77015

Comments

Why are you blaming the retail store? It is the manufacturer that sets the terms of their warranty.

Manufacturers will not accept the return of appliances unless there is an initial failure.

After that they require that they are repaired through one of their service centers. If you have a problem with that, your complaint should be with GE not Home Depot.

@PissedConsumer1798993

The same reason you are hiding under the content of anonymous! Because I can!

Stores should never sell a product that a company does not stand behind....I own a business myself.

If the fine prints are shady with someone I'm doing business with I do not go into a contract with them--if they don't stand behind their product! common sense...Pissed Customer!

@Joelle

I take you think stores shouldn't sell appliances. The manufacturers all have the same policies.

It doesn't make economic sense to expect manufactures to cover all the expenses of re-deliveries and return transportation of large expensive items. That is why they have a warranty that calls for repair. Have you ever had a car dealer give you a new car when you had a problem with a car?

They repaired the car under warranty rather than exchange it for a new one. Same thing goes for appliances.

@PissedConsumer1799608

Say what you like....That's why Wal-Mart and other companies with decent return policies are thriving!

@Joelle

Walmart doesn't sell appliances. They sell smaller items that the manufacturers will accept returns on.

@PissedConsumer1799796

You wasting my time! Disputing the bill with AmEx and headed to Lowe’s.

I’ve never had a problem with them !!! Not ever...now return to your job with Home Depot

@PissedConsumer1799796

It's always interesting seeing people say they are going to Lowes. They obviously haven't looked at the complaints about appliance warranty problems at Lowes.

Home Depot Reviews