60 views
Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

2.5

When I needed a new water heater I called a local company and they came right out and gave me an estimate of $2091.00. The estimate seemed a little high and I needed financing.

so I checked Home depot and their prices for water heaters were much less than the one on my quote. I ordered a water heater and signed up for installation. Later that same day a woman named Kim called me from DRF called me. She told me that the amount that I had been quoted by the local plumber was for the heater and installation which led me to believe that their's would be less than the $2091.00 already quoted me.

I sent her pictures and gradually she came up with a heater that seemed really good for me. The next day she sent me a quote for $2315.60. Up to this point she had assured me that they would match the quote already given me, as long as it was similar to their product and installation. (It was.) I accepted this quote.

Up to this point I had been assured verbally that they would match my first quote aand also that the quote I received was a final quote that covered the whole installation and water heater. When the installers showed up they instantly told me I would be charged an extra $200 because it was in a crawl space. After looking at my water heater they told me they couldn't do the installation because my crawl space entrance was too narrow. They did not charge me for that.

I had to widen it myself. However they did find that my basement drain was too far and they added another $199.00. I should mention that the installers did an excellent job. Finally, it came time to pay with my credit card and at this time they told me that I would be eligible for 24 months free financing.

Today, I checked my credit card and I am only being given 6 months interest free credit.

That, and the coupon I found in my local newspaper for water heater and installation $1795. That company may add on but I bet it is not another $1,000.00.

User's recommendation: Don't use Home depot for installation. A door to door roofing salesman after a hailstorm is more honest than Home Depot's installers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Water Heater Installation.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Home Depot Pros: Installation was excellent.

Home Depot Cons: Drf, Installation company lied about the costs would be.

Location: 1100 Nickel Drive, Loveland, CO 80537