I would never rent any tools from the Home Depot Tool Rental again.

Recently I've rented a couple of tools (trenchers, plate compactors, trailer, flatbed truck, concrete and tiles saws), worth about $2500, for a week. The HD employee kind of forced me into paying for the additional and OPTIONAL damage protection insurance of 10% from the rental fees claiming it is mandatory - contrary to what HD says on its website.

And upon return of the tool charged me extra for being late 11 minutes and 30 seconds.

I just spent $2500 in their store and they charged me extra for being late 11 minutes.... Not cool.

Just go and rent your tools from other places like Northside Tool Rental which is generally cheaper, give you extra hours (i.e. a 1-day rental means until next day at 5pm so more than 24 hours), and give you rainy-days protection for outdoor tools such as excavator.

An unhappy customer.

PS: Home Depot just stopped offering the 5% discount for purchasing with their HD credit card. Why should we use their card anymore? Just use your AMEX or whatever points-card you got.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $450. The author is overall dissatisfied with Home Depot. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Home Depot.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Supermarkets and Malls category for more informed decision or compare Home Depot to other companies on our site.

Comments

while the amount of $$ you spend is appreciated it does not exempt you from being due on time that is why it's on EVERY contract when you're due.that being said no one FORCES you to take the damage protection. you clearly state that it is OPTIONAL. you must tell them you don't want it, if they insist on putting it on there tell them to take it off.

Insurance protection is a scam it does not cover any thing I know because I work for compact power it's a major profit for homedepot and us.my advice rent some where elese or dont get the insurance