Verified Reviewer

1.3

On Nov. 30, I purchased 3 large kitchen appliances on HomeDepot.com totaling nearly $3,000. That decision just might be the worst decision I've ever made. Because of the experiences I had over the following 30 days, I will NEVER shop at Home Depot for anything priced over $100 again.

Apparently, Home Depot uses 3rd party contractors for nearly every aspect of an online large appliance order. And ALL OF THEM NEED TO BE FIRED. They are NOT acting in Home Depot's interest, and they are NOT handling your customers with competence, kindness or care.

After 3 damaged/defective appliances arrived at my home, I was forced to spend the next 30 days in customer service call center *** trying to get a refund, to no avail.

I have never in my life experience such utter incompetence. Excuse after excuse... it's Samsung's fault, they didn't send the RGA. It's GE's fault, they didn't answer their phone to confirm the delivery was refused. It's Grace's fault, she caused this whole problem. We can't see all the notes from the other vendors, our computer systems aren't connected, so I can't see those notes. The computer won't let me issue the refund.

I spent the entire Christmas season with NO WORKING APPLIANCES thanks to Home Depot. I spent the holidays on HOLD with a jacked up corporate company who was HOLDING THOUSANDS OF MY DOLLARS HOSTAGE, refusing to provide refund because supposedly Home Depot's OWN CONTRACTORS were not doing their job properly. Why is that MY concern? Why should I have to PAY for the incompetence of your hired help?

After seeing the notes in our account, and my own written notes of each call and interaction I've had with Home Depot and its vendors, a manager at the local store near my home apologized profusely for the incompetence I'd been subjected to and refunded most of my money.

THAT MAN SHOULD BE MADE CEO.

And whatever executives are behind the contracted 3rd party companies that handle customer service calls, large appliance deliveries, and manufacturer issues SHOULD BE FIRED.

Either way, I won't be shopping Home Depot anymore.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Home Depot Pros: Cheap, Fast.

Home Depot Cons: Unfriendly, Defective, Incompetent.

Comments

You should have gotten all your money back.

@Anonymous