Verified Reviewer

On Friday May 28th 2021 at approx 8pm I discovered a puddle of water on the hardwood floor next to the window in the dining room. The water is coming from the bottom of the window and is leaking inside the wall and outside the wall from the siliconed area onto the Sheetrock and making its way to the hardwood floor resulting in damage to the Sheetrock and floor.

I also noticed a leaky window in the newly installed window by Home Depot in the upstairs bedroom. In this case the water is leaking in the window track. Unfortunately, due to the evening time Home Depot was closed so I could not make a claim. However, on Saturday at approximately 10:11am I called Home Depot installation services and spoke to Yolanda from the customer service department which advised me that she would put in a claim and it will take 5-7 business days to hear back from a Home Depot Representative.

I explained to Yolanda from Home Depot that the windows are leaking so bad and is starting to cause extensive damage to the walls and floor.

She stated she would speak to her manager, she put me on hold and got back to me a short while after and said that her manager Idania said she couldnt do anything because the Home Depot policy is 5-7 days. I am requesting Home Depot send someone out and fix these windows ASAP.

User's recommendation: Do not let Home Depot install your windows.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 43 Hutton Avenue, Nanuet, NY 10954