3.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought tree lights for $5.78 and when I got to check out she said they were 8.78.I told her the sign said $5.78.

She said I guess you have a problem, you better go to customer service. The law in NYS says that they have to charge according to the sign they display on the box. Not the three dollars but the attitude. I am a senor senior citizen and the walk across the store would have been very painful and very time consuming.

I paid the 3 dollars but on principle I will not shop there again. Not the first problem I had with them.

bought a dishwasher and they did not know how to install so I said take it back.they refuse to credit my account for the dishwasher

Review about: Home Depot Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service and lack of stock, Unwilling to fix problems, Staff attitude.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

every retailer, in every state, has the right to correct pricing errors at the point of purchase.This is because they constantly get people trying to rip them off by claiming a sign was wrong or some other price discrepancy.

NO state requires that the price on the sign displayed HAS to be given without an investigation by the state attorney generals office, and that requires a significant number of complaints of the exact situation. The retailer has the right to defend and protect themselves against price changing customers who constantly try to scam them.

Contact your state attorney general's office and register a complaint.That's really the only course of action you have.

h.kitchener

Most people do not look to see what is actually being scanned when at checkout.Big mistake and apparently, retail stores know this.

You caught the mistake or what you believed was a mistake and the cashier should have called back to have someone take a look at the sign. Or, you could have told the cashier to "suspend" your checkout and gone back to get the sign yourself and show her.

Be aware, however that you may have misread the sign---a common-enough mistake.In either case, never do what you did and just pay more just because the cashier says so.