Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer
Resolved

Update by user Sep 25, 2020

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with settlement agreement. Received a Refund with Stipulations.

Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2020

Contacted Home Depot for a Handyman for some Home Repairs, and was matched with someone locally, Mark Kenyon of MK Handyman Services. He quoted me an estimate of $150 over the phone, to replace my mailbox and add 2 boards to my fence gate posts, one on each side of the fence gate.

He arrived at my home, checked out the mailbox that needed to be removed, and then the fence gate. Since I had fence boards he decided to do the work on my fence gate then, but never measured, just began sawing the boards, so they all came up several inches short where he placed them on the fence gate, saying it was not necessary to add them to the posts. He charged me $100 for less than 1 hour of work, so I complained to Home Depot, and received excuses that they have no control over pricing. I told the Representative that I was complaining about the work, as the Contractor they referred me to did a patch job, instead of fixing things right.

They did not get back to me at that point. Now I have to pay another contractor to remove all the boards and fix things right, which I am not happy about.

User's recommendation: Be Careful Using Home Depot Contractor Referrals.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mk Handyman Services Fence Repair.

Comments

#1925656

Do it yourself next time. If you did not get an estimate first, that is all on you. Don’t worry about how much/little time it took him.

Home Depot Reviews