192 views
Verified Reviewer

I ordered a smart washer and dryer with pedestals that cost ~$2800. I paid in cash and the payment cleared immediately.

I had been warned by the store manager that the delivery company was a third party and to check my appliances for damage before the driver left. She informed me that they have received a large number of complaints for damage. That was a red flag and I should have just gone somewhere else to make my purchase. Being an essential worker who has worked 7 days a week for 7 months in public health, I took the day of delivery off.

I waited patiently and received a phone call at 3PM notifying me that the delivery would have to be rescheduled. Needless to say, after a month of waiting for my washer and dryer, I was livid. The delivery company had no alternative but to reschedule delivery WHICH WAS NOT AN OPTION with my work. I called the 1-800# and after speaking to multiple telephone operators about my dilemma, I was told my only option was to reschedule delivery so I was left with no other option than to cancel my order.

To top it off, the operator told me it will take 7-10 days to receive the cash I paid and cleared out of my account within 5 seconds of clicking the Purchase button. Lesson learned. DO NOT ORDER from Home Depot.

They have decided that using these 3rd party delivery companies makes financial sense and as long as they keep completing orders, they will continue to use them. I will go to ANY of their competitors who value customer service rather than deal with a company who obviously does not.

User's recommendation: Shop anywhere else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Home Depot Cons: Damaged appliances, Fraudulent damages, Bogus 3rd party delivery service, Shady delivery.

Comments

#1970413

We are having a similar issue with them. Wish someone had told us!

#1926437

Then stay away from big box stores and only buy from a local store and only purchase appliances that they have in stock. Any time you order an appliance you are at the mercy of the manufacturer and they are very poor about informing the retailers of back orders and delays in delivery of their products.

Home Depot Reviews