297 views

We had 5 windows installed October 17 2019. We still do not have the installation resolved.

I have scratches on all 5 windows. The initial sales rep did check on the install after I called and complained about the Bent screen and scratches. The bent screen and surrounding area has a deep gouge and the rep said he would put in for a replacement. This window is a ellipse half moon window.

The seal on the outside was folded under in one spot. We have had multiple visits and phones from Howard. He put in a warranty report to get the windows replaced. Simonton sent out, Jeff, the window rep.

He looked at ONE window, said ALL THESE SCRATCHES are EXTRUSION MARKS FROM THE FACTORY. I called the factory before he came out and they told me that the windows DO NOT COME OUT OF THE FACTORY WITH EXTRUSION MARKS. I took pictures and sent them to MIKA at the Simonton company. She sent them to Home Depots window manager.

I received an email from Simonton with Jeff's report stating that he found NO SCRATCHES. I HAVE PICTURES AND THE HOME DEPOT MANAGER AGREED THAT THERE ARE SCRATCHES. The caulking and the trim wood is another WHOLE story. We have been working with them for 5 months.

I have been told that I am TOO PICKY. Spending thousands of dollars for a service and product and have to accept what ever they want to give you is ridiculous.I have asked that we go up the chain of command to the HIGHER UPS but only the window manager has come out. I had to call the company to get a case Number and the case started.

Don't give Home Depot your business. I wanted a company I could trust, This is not the company to deal with.

User's recommendation: Don't Use HOME DEPOT, I am getting the run around.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Window Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 6685 S Westnedge Ave, Portage, MI 49002