Verified Reviewer

2.0

I had two big projects with Home depot:

#1_New four electric blinds I purchased in November 2018 with Thanksgiving black Friday 25% promotion. At the store on the day of the purchase, HD said I must pay the full amount and the vendor will credit the 25% off after installation is made.

In the end, I had to wait few months in total for the appointment for measurements at home, the order to be made, the order to be delivered, the appointment for the installation at home, the exchange of 2 blinds as two were broken, the new order of 2 to be made, the order to be delivered, the appointment for the installation at home.

When everything was installed, you would think you should get your credit. No, it took another several months of calls to HD to finally receive in full the 25% credit calculated on the day of purchase. HD hopes that customer after 6 months will forget or give up the promotion credit: it is very bad customer service.

#2_Orederd 22 bags of Grey Mexican Beach Pebble, Received 480lbs. After counting the delivery, there were only 19 bags.

HD did not want to solve the missing 3 bags (~$65.31) because the problem came from vendor who delivered in pounds and not in bags.

HD asked that my Amex credit card disputes the purchase which can take several weeks, and I Was supposed to stay with an unfinished project until this was solved. Instead HD could have sent 3 more bags or credit me back. This is bad customer service from HD for $66 out of the $500 I spent on this order of 22 bags. I tried to warn other customers of this problem by writing a review for this item, but my review was rejected.

My suggestion was to order several times a small number of bags to be able to count at delivery. Two months waiting for AMEX to solve with HD, I called again, and I asked to talk to a supervisor and I was finally credited.

HD is hiding behind vendors excuses for bad services and not promptly solving the problems of their customers.

User's recommendation: order several times a small number of bags to be able to count at delivery.

Preferred solution: Apology.