Update by user Sep 29, 2011

Kudos to Home Depot, they have let me bring my dog in lately and he is in doggie bliss! Thanks Home Depot, I\'m back as long as you let my doggie in, too.

Original review posted by user Aug 29, 2011

My dog loves going to Home Depot. I take him there and to pet stores because he LOVES going and it's one of the few places that let dogs go in -well so we thought until today. I have taken my dog frequently to Home Depot for months and not only to the employees come up and say "hi" to him -he's very friendly, but also I see other dogs in there all the time.

Related: Don't buy appliances at Home Depot

My dog is dying of kidney disease according to our vets and I am trying to make his last days as fun and pleasant as possible.

Today JAMES, the assistant manager (a short older man who claims to be 'the manager' though a Maria is) told me not to take my dog in anymore 'it upsets employees'. It's hard to remember there are employees, you can never find one there!

I spent last year at this *** place over $25,000 doing remodels. My dog has never scared or hurt anyone. He is ALWAYS on a leash. The fact that he is on the medium-large size should not keep him out since many of the dogs I see there are large, though many are also small.

If you think this is unfair please complain about JAMES, assistant store manager, store 645 in Rancho Cucamonga, California by calling 800-HOME-DEPOT. Also, bring your dogs in, too. Oh, and SHOP AT LOWE'S!!!

Review about: Manager.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Home Depot Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

I love my dogs too, but I do realize that others may not share my feelings for my dogs and I leave them at home where they belong while I shop at a store. Your dog does not belong in stores, planes, restaurants, other peoples homes uninvited. I've seen many posts talking about boycotting these businesses for not allowing dogs, I can make the same argument for allowing them.

Home Depot sucks!Leaving a dog in the car isn't a good idea.

I will find a new store to shop at.

Most people are also worse then pets Robert.Maybe you should stay home

builder
Riverside, California, United States #634911

Leave your dog at home where it belongs.take him to the park or some where else.

Stores are not for dam pets!!! if everyone brought there dogs that place would stink like stink like the dog pound and *** every where.

do us all a favor leave you dam pets home or in your car..:(

robert

Some people get sick from dogs. I'm starting to believe that pet owners are as bad as smokers. leave your pets home.

Aniline

Most stores and all THD's have a No Pets policy and even have a sign posted by all doors. You know, the "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" sign.

Service Dogs and those in training to be Service Dogs are exempt from this.

However, it's up to the individual store to enforce this policy. Some will be more lax than others.

There are various reasons for this policy: cleanliness, safety for both the animals and people, health safety, etc.

Some people have allergies to animals. Some people won't clean up after their animals. Some people don't control or train their animals. Some animals are aggressive. Some stores are dangerous for animals.

I'm not saying this applies to all people, animals, and stores, but it can make an impact on how much they enforce the policy and how they handle it.

While my THD does have a sign posted saying "No Pets", we don't enforce it and allow people to bring in pets. A fellow employee even bought in their pet ferret for a visit one day when they were off work. Most of the dogs I see are either tiny dogs who sit in shopping carts, or service dogs.

If you do bring a pet into the store, PLEASE make sure it's on a leash or in the basket and won't jump out. The other day I saw a tiny little terrier running around Lumber with the big fork trucks running. The owner was no where to be seen. This is DANGEROUS for the dog and the employees. The dog could get hurt. This is a warehouse after all. Employees...

Again, please keep control of your pet and keep an eye on it (just like your kids). Please watch for the fences and employee-only signs and do not cross these unless an employee allows you.

These orange fences are used for YOUR safety. Just because you don't see machines running in that aisle doesn't mean it's safe for you to enter. At least two aisles are always blocked when a machine is running: the aisle the machine is in, and the one adjacent to the bay that is being worked. This is in case the bay is pushed too hard and topples into the adjacent aisle.

Ok, gotten a bit off topic. Sorry! I was just trying to show the dangers of not controlling your pet and why a store may not want pets there.

You should see....

Google: boycott the home depot

You gotta see this

VISIT

www.boycottthehomedepot.com

Tony  - Lowe's Wants to Speak

I just sent a copy of your posts to Lowe's, ya know how you say you represent them as an employee and all. They want to reprimand you for speaking about their policies without your permission TONY. Oh, but your not reading this so you won't be answering :)

tony

What are you guys 5?The only phobia I have are are *** people, you know like the people who are responding to my comments, by the way your short yellow bus is outside waiting to pick you guys up, don't forget your helmets!

;) oh, no need to respond I won't be back to look at your witty comments, the longer I stay here the more I feel like I turning into you guys.Enjoy your lonely pathetic lives losers.

tony, get a life!

well what are you tony, the milk monitor?

why don't you try to get a girlfriend to alleve your fobias