Home Depot's Disappointing Service

I bought back-splash tiles from home depot in the summer 2012. It took me weeks to get hold of their installation workers as they charged and promised to provide a "package solution". It seems that Home Depot does not really have in-house staff to take care of the installation, instead, they subcontract the jobs, which is fine for me if they can really manage and take the credit as well as the profit...

The guy came in and treated the back base for one hour and left for the plaster to dry up. This turned out to be "extra" and "unexpected" so they charged me extra 350 dollars. One day after, the guy came again and put on all the tiles in one day, a time they said is only available for this job. I have no problem for efficiency, but the tiles hung on the wall turned out to be the most ugly work I have ever seen. Not even, not flat, not aligned in any direction. The worst is that they could not even make right cut for the socked openings. Three out of five cannot fit the original outlets and switches, either left too small space or too big cut. I went to the Home Depot store where I ordered the stuff and service. The guy made some notes and a phone call was made to ask for the description of the situation. Nothing happened ever after.

I took some pictures as record and may have to settle this by myself. I don't recommend Home Depot to anyone, especially its service. It's the worst!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 08, 2015 #1075874

the problem is whover did the sheetrocking. The tiling looks fine, you cant mount tiles on air

0 0 Reply
Simon xm lee

Dec 07, 2012 #579489 Stamford, Connecticut

Forgot to say, after their careful calculation and measurement, the tiles still one box short after the installor's second trip. To avoid to pay for the suplemental tiles the subcontractor refuse to pick up the tiles as promised when he left our home, and the Home Depot refused to take the responsibility neither. It left no option for us but to go to the store, pay and pick up the "unfair extra for us".!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.