I bought back-splash tiles from home depot in the summer 2012. It took me weeks to get hold of their installation workers as they charged and promised to provide a "package solution". It seems that Home Depot does not really have in-house staff to take care of the installation, instead, they subcontract the jobs, which is fine for me if they can really manage and take the credit as well as the profit...
The guy came in and treated the back base for one hour and left for the plaster to dry up. This turned out to be "extra" and "unexpected" so they charged me extra 350 dollars. One day after, the guy came again and put on all the tiles in one day, a time they said is only available for this job. I have no problem for efficiency, but the tiles hung on the wall turned out to be the most ugly work I have ever seen. Not even, not flat, not aligned in any direction. The worst is that they could not even make right cut for the socked openings. Three out of five cannot fit the original outlets and switches, either left too small space or too big cut. I went to the Home Depot store where I ordered the stuff and service. The guy made some notes and a phone call was made to ask for the description of the situation. Nothing happened ever after.
I took some pictures as record and may have to settle this by myself. I don't recommend Home Depot to anyone, especially its service. It's the worst!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Back-Splash Tile
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I had the Home Depot install a granite countertop. About 14 months after installation, I noticed a hairline crack on the countertop in front of the sink.I called the..."
- "Staff are not trained properly as it took more than 5 weeks and three attempts to deliver the product. On July 3rd we bought a 'new' fridge but really it was..."
- "I had my entire home done in 3/4 in Jasson Brazillian cherry hardwood from Home Depot and my flooring is less than three years old and is uncleanable.I used Bona..."
- "Z Gorski Mason Contractor was hired to build our new home's foundation. His lead employee, a convicted felon, could not read our plans or correctly adhere to the engineer's..."
- "Purchased ladies underwear, and the attached booklet of care tags feels like a knife jabbing in my lower back. Cannot be removed from the garment (cutting will only make the..."
- "We had property shared with others in your building and we are very angry with you ***. How would you like to have property removed from your personal homes. This..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."