I bought back-splash tiles from home depot in the summer 2012. It took me weeks to get hold of their installation workers as they charged and promised to provide a "package solution". It seems that Home Depot does not really have in-house staff to take care of the installation, instead, they subcontract the jobs, which is fine for me if they can really manage and take the credit as well as the profit...
The guy came in and treated the back base for one hour and left for the plaster to dry up. This turned out to be "extra" and "unexpected" so they charged me extra 350 dollars. One day after, the guy came again and put on all the tiles in one day, a time they said is only available for this job. I have no problem for efficiency, but the tiles hung on the wall turned out to be the most ugly work I have ever seen. Not even, not flat, not aligned in any direction. The worst is that they could not even make right cut for the socked openings. Three out of five cannot fit the original outlets and switches, either left too small space or too big cut. I went to the Home Depot store where I ordered the stuff and service. The guy made some notes and a phone call was made to ask for the description of the situation. Nothing happened ever after.
I took some pictures as record and may have to settle this by myself. I don't recommend Home Depot to anyone, especially its service. It's the worst!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Back-Splash Tile
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "They put an item on line to sell but will not ship to my home or to local store (Even Walmart does that!), but tried to talk with local store..."
- "Promised carpet installation (free) with pad if spend over $1200.00 First, the measurements are wrong; re-do; then the installers arrive and they plan to 'glue' the carpet down, no..."
- "I have been communicating (or attempting to communicate) with the store manager of the Buckhead store in Atlanta since late October. And my last several emails have been ignored My..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "We had property shared with others in your building and we are very angry with you ***. How would you like to have property removed from your personal homes. This..."
- "On September 11, 2015, my life and and way I used my dominant right hand was permanently changed and diminished. The end segment of my middle finger was crushed during..."
- "I sent my mom a plant for mother's day chosen from special occasion, and this is what my mom received!!! Also the price is a scam they tell you one..."