We purchased a SS appliance package from Home Dumpot; I mean Home Depot during an construction project. The unit wasn't ready to accepted delivery but we accepted at the insistence of the store personnel. It was approximately 40 days later until the site was ready.
The site received city building approval but the service tech from (GE???) wouldn't install the Frigidaire refrigerator as it didn't have a cut off value behind the 500 lb refrigerator. The HD purchase order clearly states they won't install the refrigerator unless the cut off value is within 6ft of the refrigerator. Our cut off value is within 48 inches of the refrigerator. It is on a longer feed line.
One would assume the purpose of an independent cut off value is to stop leaks or be able to work on the refrigerator. In either situation, emergency or service a cut value which is under kitchen sink is readily assessable while to pull out a 500lb French triple door refrigerator is not an easy task and then to squeeze into the pocket and turn off a $2.98 redundant value is virtually impossible .
After 2 attempts with the city inspection in the middle GE installation technicians refused to install the refrigerator. Even though the city plumbing inspectors approved the application. The 2nd set of service technicians understood the irrational responses we were receiving but assured us they would fired if they installed the unit. Having had enough with the installers I called Home Depot and request they take the appliance back. They Manager of the Home Depot in Pompano Beach Rita Anderson refused to take my call. Thru her staff, MS ANDERSON denied the request under the grounds the unit was under construction when the appliances were delivered so we can't take the appliance back. (WHAT???)
My frustrated wife called the store back and requested to speak with the manager Ms. Anderson but she "just stepped out" and we have never heard back. We should of stayed with HHGREG. Should anyone need more photos or documentation of this ridiculous situation please ask. Finally when originally purchased from Home Depo we did purchase water/ice line package from them when originally purchased. "BUYER BEWARE" or just go to HHGregg
More Review Details
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Refrigerator
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had the Home Depot install a granite countertop. About 14 months after installation, I noticed a hairline crack on the countertop in front of the sink.I called the..."
- "Consumer's Beware of Home Depot's Deceptive Roofing Practices It's amazing that Home Depot cited "unforeseen conditions", when both the sales person and the installation manager were verbally told, by the home..."
- "Don't hire homedepot for purchasing granite and installing granite.they use an outside company to do job and if they screw up they make you deal with the install co and..."
- "I purchased, Stylish Round Collar Sleeveless Color Block Cut Out Women's Dress, on September 20, 2014. I am yet to receive my order. I called and sent many messages to..."
- "I ordered $170.00 dress what I received , pure garbage don't evere order from this Web site they are crooks there's no other way to describe this group of people..."
- "The worse he is a scammer Aditya promises you things and never get anything done he delivers work but not complete and not working properly apps developed on wrong way..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."