Pompano Beach, Florida

We purchased a SS appliance package from Home Dumpot; I mean Home Depot during an construction project. The unit wasn't ready to accepted delivery but we accepted at the insistence of the store personnel. It was approximately 40 days later until the site was ready.

The site received city building approval but the service tech from (GE???) wouldn't install the Frigidaire refrigerator as it didn't have a cut off value behind the 500 lb refrigerator. The HD purchase order clearly states they won't install the refrigerator unless the cut off value is within 6ft of the refrigerator. Our cut off value is within 48 inches of the refrigerator. It is on a longer feed line.

One would assume the purpose of an independent cut off value is to stop leaks or be able to work on the refrigerator. In either situation, emergency or service a cut value which is under kitchen sink is readily assessable while to pull out a 500lb French triple door refrigerator is not an easy task and then to squeeze into the pocket and turn off a $2.98 redundant value is virtually impossible .

After 2 attempts with the city inspection in the middle GE installation technicians refused to install the refrigerator. Even though the city plumbing inspectors approved the application. The 2nd set of service technicians understood the irrational responses we were receiving but assured us they would fired if they installed the unit. Having had enough with the installers I called Home Depot and request they take the appliance back. They Manager of the Home Depot in Pompano Beach Rita Anderson refused to take my call. Thru her staff, MS ANDERSON denied the request under the grounds the unit was under construction when the appliances were delivered so we can't take the appliance back. (WHAT???)

My frustrated wife called the store back and requested to speak with the manager Ms. Anderson but she "just stepped out" and we have never heard back. We should of stayed with HHGREG. Should anyone need more photos or documentation of this ridiculous situation please ask. Finally when originally purchased from Home Depo we did purchase water/ice line package from them when originally purchased. "BUYER BEWARE" or just go to HHGregg

Review about: Frigidaire Refrigerator.

2.4
Layout of Store
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion