Home Depot Refusal to return applainces their staff can't install
We purchased a SS appliance package from Home Dumpot; I mean Home Depot during an construction project. The unit wasn't ready to accepted delivery but we accepted at the insistence of the store personnel. It was approximately 40 days later until the site was ready.
The site received city building approval but the service tech from (GE???) wouldn't install the Frigidaire refrigerator as it didn't have a cut off value behind the 500 lb refrigerator. The HD purchase order clearly states they won't install the refrigerator unless the cut off value is within 6ft of the refrigerator. Our cut off value is within 48 inches of the refrigerator. It is on a longer feed line.
One would assume the purpose of an independent cut off value is to stop leaks or be able to work on the refrigerator. In either situation, emergency or service a cut value which is under kitchen sink is readily assessable while to pull out a 500lb French triple door refrigerator is not an easy task and then to squeeze into the pocket and turn off a $2.98 redundant value is virtually impossible .
After 2 attempts with the city inspection in the middle GE installation technicians refused to install the refrigerator. Even though the city plumbing inspectors approved the application. The 2nd set of service technicians understood the irrational responses we were receiving but assured us they would fired if they installed the unit. Having had enough with the installers I called Home Depot and request they take the appliance back. They Manager of the Home Depot in Pompano Beach Rita Anderson refused to take my call. Thru her staff, MS ANDERSON denied the request under the grounds the unit was under construction when the appliances were delivered so we can't take the appliance back. (WHAT???)
My frustrated wife called the store back and requested to speak with the manager Ms. Anderson but she "just stepped out" and we have never heard back. We should of stayed with HHGREG. Should anyone need more photos or documentation of this ridiculous situation please ask. Finally when originally purchased from Home Depo we did purchase water/ice line package from them when originally purchased. "BUYER BEWARE" or just go to HHGregg
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Layout of Store|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Refrigerator
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have been communicating (or attempting to communicate) with the store manager of the Buckhead store in Atlanta since late October. And my last several emails have been ignored My..."
- "HOME DEPOT COMPLAINT FILED: concerning your store in McKinney tx at 1515 Central ave McKinney tx 75070; store manager -Ferdi Mongo i purchased a glacier bay toilet item #132992120814 for $88.00. when i..."
- "Home depot was hired to install their flooring Allure Vinyl by Trafficmaster, Made by Halstead. We did our whole brand new home in this floor 1400 sq ft, It is..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "I purchased a new air conditioner on 4-25-13. They install it wrong and water was leaking on the cover and ground. Since installing it they have not fixed it...."
- "My message was too long so it's in picturesRead it ..."
- "3rd time we are here waisting our time because whoever opens on Saturday its always late , like 6 customer came already and they left leaving this comments on the..."