Home Depot Refusal to return applainces their staff can't install
We purchased a SS appliance package from Home Dumpot; I mean Home Depot during an construction project. The unit wasn't ready to accepted delivery but we accepted at the insistence of the store personnel. It was approximately 40 days later until the site was ready.
The site received city building approval but the service tech from (GE???) wouldn't install the Frigidaire refrigerator as it didn't have a cut off value behind the 500 lb refrigerator. The HD purchase order clearly states they won't install the refrigerator unless the cut off value is within 6ft of the refrigerator. Our cut off value is within 48 inches of the refrigerator. It is on a longer feed line.
One would assume the purpose of an independent cut off value is to stop leaks or be able to work on the refrigerator. In either situation, emergency or service a cut value which is under kitchen sink is readily assessable while to pull out a 500lb French triple door refrigerator is not an easy task and then to squeeze into the pocket and turn off a $2.98 redundant value is virtually impossible .
After 2 attempts with the city inspection in the middle GE installation technicians refused to install the refrigerator. Even though the city plumbing inspectors approved the application. The 2nd set of service technicians understood the irrational responses we were receiving but assured us they would fired if they installed the unit. Having had enough with the installers I called Home Depot and request they take the appliance back. They Manager of the Home Depot in Pompano Beach Rita Anderson refused to take my call. Thru her staff, MS ANDERSON denied the request under the grounds the unit was under construction when the appliances were delivered so we can't take the appliance back. (WHAT???)
My frustrated wife called the store back and requested to speak with the manager Ms. Anderson but she "just stepped out" and we have never heard back. We should of stayed with HHGREG. Should anyone need more photos or documentation of this ridiculous situation please ask. Finally when originally purchased from Home Depo we did purchase water/ice line package from them when originally purchased. "BUYER BEWARE" or just go to HHGregg
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Refrigerator
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had my entire home done in 3/4 in Jasson Brazillian cherry hardwood from Home Depot and my flooring is less than three years old and is uncleanable.I used Bona..."
- "2 different colors of exterior paint and both for wood and stucco surfaces with very bad coverage and problems. Both paints are the same product except different colors. Tan paint seperates..."
- "I had material delivered to the job site through the pro desk like I normally do, only to find out that I was shorted about $100.00 of material. Nobody from..."
- "I Purchased a leather recliner sofa from Rooms To Go Clearance Center in July, 2010. It had a couple small marks on the outside corners from being moved around, but..."
- "3rd time we are here waisting our time because whoever opens on Saturday its always late , like 6 customer came already and they left leaving this comments on the..."
- "I placed an order some 10 days in advance with www.fromyouflowers.com and the total bill was 87.47. I even had to pay a 4.99 surcharge for delivery on valentines..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."
- "Ava's Flowers charged me $60 for the most pathetic arrangement that wasn't even remotely close to what I ordered. I was so embarrassed. I sent it to a client contact..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."