1.1K views
3.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought 2 gallons of Behr deck stain online since the online price was several dollars cheaper than the in-store price. The $10/gallon rebate form said that online orders had to be mailed in, which I did over a month before the deadline, along with the UPC codes and online receipt.

Waited the 6-8 weeks and heard nothing, so checked online. No record of it. Online chatted with HD rep and he said I should have submitted in online and he could not do anything for me even though I had a scanned file of my paperwork and UPC codes. I can't remember any of my other mail ever getting lost, but this is the second time a HD rebate has apparently gotten lost in the mail.

Looks like I go to Lowe's from here on. Clearly customer satisfaction is not a priority at Home Depot.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Rebate.

Preferred solution: Paint Rebate, as promised at purchase..

I liked: Online ordering option with local store pickup.

I didn't like: Did not honor my rebate when i had documentation.

Comments

Today is October 24th 2018. I also purchased a few gallons of paint this year.

I filled out the online form. I never received the rebate. I found the form that I got in the store. I actually called last months and was told the rebate was mailed on Aug 8th.

I never received it. It was reissued again on Sept 26th 2018 when I called in September 2018. I still didn't receive the rebate, so I called again today. They are reissuing the rebate card again.

I asked to speak to a supervisor. She was worthless and told me to contact my Post Office about whether they are holding my mail. I told her, my mail isn't being held and they need to investigate this as they are the shipper. I asked to speak to her supervisor and am on hold.

I'll probably be buried before I get this rebate. This is the biggest scam. If you wonder why... last year...

I did a home depot rebate, forgot about it and never received it. Well, I did speak to a manager, Wendell Operator ID #6793 who told me that he will call me next week to verify that I received my rebate card. If not, he would send a check. I didn't know how I would receive the check if I didn't receive a rebate card.

Well, I will update... with another post. There is a problem with Home Depot Rebates because when I purchased a Pentair Product a few months ago, I received the rebate within 6 weeks and I already spent the money. BTW, calling home depot doesn't help.

Here is the phone number in case you want to contact the company that handles Home Depot Rebates.

1-866-451-1357 Good Luck. Winning the lottery probably has better odds.

to anyonomous #1593753

Well, I didn't get the rebate. After spending 50 minutes on the phone, I spoke to Pedro, Wendel's supervisor.

#3864 Pedro told me it would be overnighted and would call me back with a tracking number by tomorrow. I advised him I would be disputing the credit card charge on Friday morning. Pedro advised me he is Wendel's supervisor. I asked why should I think you will follow through any differently than Wendel did.

Pedro said "I am Pedro and I always call back." I still think my odds are better with the lottery. Oh... and before I spoke to Pedro... I spoke with Lorenzo (card services #0726), Leah (card services #4320 and Martha (Rebate #688) There should be a class action lawsuit against Home Depot and this fraud of a rebate program.

Remember Home Depot is counting on you forgetting to fill out the rebate for or filling out the form online. And if you do remember to fill out the rebate, Home Depot is counting on your forgetting about receiving the rebate months later.

Even if you don't receive it, who the heck has the time to spend almost 3 hours for $40. I will update.

Type your message here

I have been waiting for my rebate for two months, couple days ago I called in and I was told that the card is in the mail. I guess the PONY express is running slow.

Same here

Purchased 5 gallons of paint did not receive full rebate. Rebate debt card reads zero. Spent hrs and hrs on phone trying to resolve issue with H D, they put me on a merry go round of phone calls with no resolve.

suggest filing a complaint w/ your state's Attorney General's office. If we pull together on this, we can make a difference!

My friend I had the same problem with this product rebate. Ive been waiting for over 9 months!

Behr has a great con going for thereself. I used there product last summer on my deck an its starting peal with 2 coats on it.

There product didn't work for me for that kind of money mybe something cheaper would have worked better. People at the camp ground I stay will hear about the rebate an how thr product worked for me an looks tell the truth , time to find another brand of paint an stain for my home an camper

Home Depot rebates are the biggest con around. After buying BEHR paint it took me two hours of phone calls and over seven months to get my rebate.

Their system prevents you from being able to easily enter your rebate confirmation number to find out the status. Instead you get transferred to three different departments before finally getting some kind of answer. It's not worth it and I will never ever ever purchase any items from Home Depot based on the promised rebate.

It's a waste of time and a downright disgrace on Home Depot's part. I'm sure that it's done on purpose.

to Bill G #1557050

bought a 5 gallon bucket, promised $40 rebate. Filled out form on-line, checked my work carefully b?c I was denied my $10 rebate from the year before.

Was successfully submitted....

Checked status....and it sated "invalid" due to information from the receipt???? SCAM!!!

I should follow up on the Home Depot Behr paint rebate that I started this chain with. I did finally get the rebate in the form of a $20 prepaid HD Mastercard debit card.

Given what Norma encountered, I went to my credit union to get cash so I could use it anywhere and they told me that they did not accept Mastercard prepaid debit cards. Not sure how common that is, or if it is unique to my local small credit union. I wound up going to HD to get some plumbing supplies and used the prepaid card. It took the check out person several different tries to figure out how to charge it to the card since the purchase amount was greater than the $20 value of the card.

She wound up taking the total purchase, subtracting off the $20, charging my personal credit card for the difference, and then was able to pay off the $20 balance with the prepaid rebate card.

Anyway, a happy ending, but not without a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth all along the way. Not sure that I will consider HD rebates as a positive incentive for future purchases.

interesting.

I filled out the 11% form online. Received an email with a tracking number and was told to check in 2-3 weeks.

Then I checked I was informed that the application was missing information and I should mail the missing information.

Then I mailed the receipt that included all the information (including the store managers name, John Chowaniec) and I'm still being informed that I have not provide enough information.

This must be serving as a great advertisement for Menards.

In my Nov 12 post, I said I got a rebate check, but I actually got a Mastercard debit card like Norma did. After seeing her post, I checked my card balance since I had not used it yet.

I found that the Home Depot cards are not listed with the general OmniCard system but when I went to the HD rebate website, it did confirm my $20 balance on the card. I did note that they suggested that you text them an alert before using the card to prevent being turned down. Perhaps that is what Norma is running into, either she needs to alert them or else it can be used only at HD.

I will probably try to use my rebate debit card soon, and probably at a HD just to not have the hassle at checkout. They are supposed to be useable at any store where Mastercard debit is accepted, but Norma seems to have had a different experience.

I received my rebate $160 on a master card. I’ve spent hours in the phone and the card is declined each time I’ve used it. My advise is Don’t Expect Much from HD.

to Norma Colunga #1506274

Same thing happened to me, twice now

I online chatted with another Home Depot agent and apparently he had been trained differently in customer service. I sent him files of my rebate form and he said he would take care of getting my rebate issued.

I received e-mail notification of my rebate shortly afterward and then got my check in the mail a couple of weeks later.

I guess it just depends on who you communicate with at Home Depot as to what results you get. They are back in my good graces again due to that one customer service agent.

to Murphy #1587160

These are not home depot agents. HD contracts with a company to handle the rebates.