63 views
2.5

This complaint goes back to date of purchase 2014 and is for future purchasers of the Home Depot extended warranty plan. I purchased the plan 30 days after the unit was delivered.

I was told I could wait until the unit was at my home and had 90 days to buy a plan. Received a Samsung cook top range and by the 2nd year I started having problems. Burner knobs would not operate the burners. Knobs were replaced 6 times by scheduled tech's sent by Asurion over a period 4 years, during the 5th year, I paid for additional three-year extended warranty because of the prior problems before the five-year warranty expired.

Two months after paying I had another problem with a right front burner center element not working, I was denied service due to Home Depot could not find where I had actually paid for the five-year plan, I couldn't find my original receipt. I was told I needed to produce it or my three-year extended warranty would not be honored. That's exactly what was done, Home Depot had no record of my payment for the Five-year plan and neither did I. until I located the receipt 3 months later in a misplaced file at my home office.

I submitted the documents and never heard from Home Depot again. Don't trust Home Depot to honor a replacement appliance no matter how many repairs are done. I will not purchase Appliances from them again. I got better service from Lowes.

I notified my state's Dept.

of Consumer Service and was told there was little they could do other than notify them of my issue. As a senior citizen I realize I should have recorded every conversation I had with the sales representative and maybe I would not have been treated so bad.

User's recommendation: Don't trust Home Depot Five Year plan for Replacement,

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Home Depot Cons: Extended warranty is not clearly understood for replacement.

Location: 3200 Capital Circle Northeast, Tallahassee, FL 32308