Okeechobee, Florida

I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is in my husband's name, and it got installed on Nov 2, 2014. After it is installed, there is a guy that comes out to make sure it was installed properly. He has a sheet that he checks off called the "RainSoft Customer Service Completion Agreement". On that sheet, question number 11 is "Is your new RainSoft system performing up to your expectations?" and "NO" is checked and "NOT YET" is written next to the question. (See attachment)

This is proof that I was never satisfied with this purchase.

I called for service the first time on Dec 19, 2014 because it was not working. They were fast to get out there and fix the problem, but the problem did not stay fixed. I had a total of 5 visits in a nine month time period. (see attachments)

I started asking for my money back ($4000.00) after the second or third time somebody came out and it kept breaking down.

The RainSoft company started giving me the run-around and they started showing up at our house even though we told them we would not be there.

I asked for a manager to come to my house, and they did not send one. The person they sent said "They want me to be a manager, but I won't do it".

They told me the owner of the company would call me to try to resolve this problem, he never called.

Three different times at Home Depot, women wearing a Home Depot apron, approached my husband and/or me to solicit our phone number and address for the RainSoft company. When we told them what their company did to us they seemed appalled, promised they would run it up the chain and get back to us. That never happened.

I finally decided to get Home Depot involved since they are sponsoring RainSoft. That didn't go over well either. It turns out they are just as shady as RainSoft.

I spoke with, what I thought was, a wonderful woman who made me believe she would help me. She was the go between me and...I really don't know who!!! All I do know is that I was not privy to any of their emails/conversations. (Her name is on the Home Depot agreement below)

First she told me the owner of the RainSoft company would call me. I told her of the last time I was promised that...read above.

And true to form, the owner of RainSoft didn't call me.

Then she told me that she was going to send an email out to her "higher-ups" to try to find a resolution. Finally, "one of the owners" from RainSoft called and assured me he would be out to my house to look at the equipment to see if it was something wrong with the equipment or something their employees did. We had the date and time set up and everything...BUT GUESS WHAT!!!! "one of the owners" never showed!!!

A guy claiming to be a manager and his side kick came out and told me there was something wrong with the drainage system and offered to fix it for me. I declined because I was/still waiting for "one of the owners" to show up like he said he would.

Home Depot and I had talked on the phone, I debunked the lies that RainSoft was saying. One of which was that I financed the water softener.

Home Depot then offered half my money back ($2000.00) and at first I agreed. Then after a short weekend of thinking about it, and even before Home Depot sent the agreement to me, I declined the offer. I emailed Home Depot a picture of what was coming out of my faucet (see attachment), I've had RainSoft out here 5 (five) times in a nine month time period because the water softener was not working, that's not right and I told her I wanted the $4000.00 back.

Then, HOME DEPOT PULLED A RAINSOFT!!!!! I received the Home Depot settlement agreement (see attachment) so I called Home Depot to tell them, again, that I am not accepting this offer, and I still have not heard back from Home Depot. You can see the date on the email is before Home Depot even wrote the settlement agreement!

Now, because RainSoft AND Home Depot refuse to contact me, I have this huge hole next to the water-softener, which is next to my house. I could not fit the pictures in below, but I did upload them under the "Product Name" where I could add more items. I also felt it appropriate to upload the pictures there.

Can somebody please tell me what I can do to get my money back? And now, I want it all back, $4595.00. PLEASE, PLEASE help me!!!!!!!

Marjorie Henkel

Review about: Rainsoft Water Treatment System.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

At this point your time would be better spent taking them to court, rather than complaining here,