1.8

Try to call--let me know if anyone answers the phone or if you end up in telephone auto-response purgatory for over an hour like I did. No person answers, and then you are sent on a merry-go-round of ads and useless advice, all the while being told how important your call is to them.

I decided to call today because yesterday I drove 20 miles one way to buy a product, only to be told that the mill work people were not there, and they did not know when they would be back--and she was not talking about that day; she was talking about if they would ever be back. Rather than wasting a lot of fossil fuel energy, I decided to call first today. That wasted a lot of temporal energy. (Their excuse--the phone system was "down"--well it was not exactly "down" because I got the auto-answerer.) Called corporate customer assistance to complain.

The rep there tried to help---by reading the Home Depot website page about the product--which I had already read.

The combination of very bad lying and the presumption that their customers are idiots make me wonder why Home Depot has any customers at all. Oh, wait; they are a virtual; monopoly (like the bad old days of WalMart)-good customer service.

User's recommendation: Avoid at all costs--unless you have no choice (living in a building sipply/hardware desert).

Preferred solution: Apology.

Home Depot Pros: Common board lumber is of a predicatble quality.

Home Depot Cons: Customer service is nonexistant.

Location: 17810 Garland Groh Boulevard, Hagerstown, MD 21740