Verified Reviewer

Horrible experience. On May 20th, I ordered a patio table on line.

I received a message Your order has shipped. They gave me a tracking number for UPS. The item was supposed to arrive on June 1st. It did not.

Checking with UPS, I discovered that the tracking number is fictitious there is no package linked to the so-called tracking number. I visited a Home Depot in Gaithersburg, MD. They did not know what to tell me. After long hours of waiting, they put me in touch with a Home Depot representative by phone.

She promised to solve the issue, blaming the vendor. Nothing changed. I tried to get in touch with her there is no way to find her. There is no way to reach any Home Depot representatives - in person, by phone or live chat.

I was told that they cannot cancel my order and give my money back since a status was created the tracking number, which, as I said, is fictitious.

So I paid, I did not receive the item, there is no record indicating that the item was ever sent to me, but I cannot get my money back this is Home Depot policy.

They are crooks, they defraud their customers. They should be prosecuted.

User's recommendation: Do not order on line. Home Depot are defrauding their customers.

Home Depot Pros: Closeby.

Home Depot Cons: Being scammed.

Comments

Facts are facts. They are not...

subjective. Charging people, sending them fictitious tracking numbers and refusing to refund them = fraud.

As you placed the order on-line it would be obvious that you used a credit card to place the order. Simply contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. They will get the attention of Home Depot rather quickly.

@PissedConsumer1875377

So, the defrauded customers should do all the heavy lifting while Home Depot is responsible for nothing. Great “policy”!

@PissedConsumer1875427

Do you want your money back or not? Contacting your credit card company seems like it would be a lot easier than the battle you are having with Home Depot.

@PissedConsumer1875575

You’re right. I’ve already contacted my credit card company.

I don’t have a battle with HD.

What I do here is to expose them and help other people to avoid being defrauded by HD. Cheers.

Home Depot Reviews