Auburn, New York

We purchased an Anderson Patio door in 2011 which was installed during summer.The first winter we had ice forming inside the house.

Related: Home Depot - Allure Flooring

Pictures were taken and I contacted Home Depot. A contractor was sent out in February of 2012 and he put caulking under the door. Who puts caulking in the dead of winter. Needless to say the issue was not resolved and the following winter the same problem.

As time progressed, rot had set in and we found out that the installation was not done correctly. We finally had one of our own contractors resolve the problem.

Went back to Home Depot so that they could pay but because we did not use their contractor the claim was denied.Contacted the NYS AG office and Home Depot sent a $500 check which did not even make a dent into the claim.Do not have Home Depot do any installations because if any problems arise they will not honor their commitment.

Review about: Andersen Patio Doors.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Home Depot Installation
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

You need to take part of the blame on this one. Your picture shows a door that has no finish on it. Why didn't you stain and varnish it?