We purchased an Anderson Patio door in 2011 which was installed during summer.The first winter we had ice forming inside the house.
Pictures were taken and I contacted Home Depot. A contractor was sent out in February of 2012 and he put caulking under the door. Who puts caulking in the dead of winter. Needless to say the issue was not resolved and the following winter the same problem.
As time progressed, rot had set in and we found out that the installation was not done correctly. We finally had one of our own contractors resolve the problem.
Went back to Home Depot so that they could pay but because we did not use their contractor the claim was denied.Contacted the NYS AG office and Home Depot sent a $500 check which did not even make a dent into the claim.Do not have Home Depot do any installations because if any problems arise they will not honor their commitment.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Andersen Patio Doors
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Brought power washer here in early May to get repaired, nobody knows where it is yet and tomorrow is October 1st. However, they charged me an extra ~$120 late fee..."
- "My husband and I bought Thomasville cabinets from Home Depot store # 0731 in the last part of 2002. We didn't get Home Depot to our house to install..."
- "My dog loves going to Home Depot. I take him there and to pet stores because he LOVES going and it's one of the few places that let dogs go..."
- "I waited until the holidays were over before contacting you about a situation I sincerely hope you were not aware of. I had our KIA Amanti in for service..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "I WAS TOLD THAT I NEEDED TO SEND THE GREEN DOT CARDS FROM WALMART,RITE AID ETC. EVERYONE SELLS THEM. I SENT THE SCAMMER THE $2000.00 THEY WANTED FOR A JEEP..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."