We purchased an Anderson Patio door in 2011 which was installed during summer.The first winter we had ice forming inside the house.
Pictures were taken and I contacted Home Depot. A contractor was sent out in February of 2012 and he put caulking under the door. Who puts caulking in the dead of winter. Needless to say the issue was not resolved and the following winter the same problem.
As time progressed, rot had set in and we found out that the installation was not done correctly. We finally had one of our own contractors resolve the problem.
Went back to Home Depot so that they could pay but because we did not use their contractor the claim was denied.Contacted the NYS AG office and Home Depot sent a $500 check which did not even make a dent into the claim.Do not have Home Depot do any installations because if any problems arise they will not honor their commitment.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Andersen Patio Doors
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "HOME DEPOT COMPLAINT FILED: concerning your store in McKinney tx at 1515 Central ave McKinney tx 75070; store manager -Ferdi Mongo i purchased a glacier bay toilet item #132992120814 for $88.00. when i..."
- "WARNING: Do not have HD install your vinyl fence or it will look like this pic soon after their year warranty for poor labor is up. The entire..."
- "Spent over $13,000 getting new windows, of coarse guaramyeed for life, will clean up, will be there for you...ALL LIES,,,they flew through this house, destrying anything in way, broke a..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "I waited until the holidays were over before contacting you about a situation I sincerely hope you were not aware of. I had our KIA Amanti in for service..."