Verified Reviewer

I purchased a big $800 toolbox and I needed it delivered to my home. I paid for delivery which was fine, but that only pays to have it dropped in the driveway.

I wanted the toolbox in the garage, but Home Depot had to charge me another $20 because that is considered "inside". So 6 inches from the driveway to the garage costs $20.

Home Depot Pros: Locations.

Home Depot Cons: Stupid policies.

Location: Stafford, Texas

Comments

Most of your home centers have delivery charges based on off the back of the truck delivery and add charges for bringing it inside and even more if steps are involved. If you didn't like the charge you could have gone elsewhere or provided your own transportation.

Taking time to move the product into your home or garage takes time reducing the number of deliveries they can make in a day.

People often complain about the delivery fees for large items but don't stop to think that the trucks used for these deliveries are expensive and that the people that load the trucks and drive them don't work for free. Stores have to cover these costs in some way and building the delivery fee into the cost of the item isn't fair to those that pick it up at the store.

Home Depot Reviews