My wife and I went to the Home Depot #528 (380 & 75) in McKinney, TX to purchase a new front door and have it installed by them in October 2015. Paid $30 for the installer to come and take measurements and pictures, which he does.

He tells me that we will need to purchase the door, a jamb extension kit, and hardware. He sends the info to the store so we can buy everthing that he will need for install. We go back to the store and the rep has all the installer's paperwork and requirements. So, we buy the door and hardware (in stock) and jamb extension kit (which was shipped to our home in 5 days) The millworks rep says a scheduler will call us to setup installation.

Well, 12 days later we get a call from a different Home Depot millworks rep and she tells me that it wasn't sent to the scheduler yet because we need to order a custom door ($1200 more) because our door jamb was too deep. I told her, according to the installer and his paperwork which she has, we just need an extension kit. I read her the part # off the box, she looks it up, and "Oh, ok. I'll send your info to the scheduler." Another week later we finally get scheduIed for 2:00pm on 12/22/2015.

I jump through hoops to get coverage to *** work around the holiday...My wife gets the call at work at 11:30am that they can't install today because now the threshold needs an extension too. Door was purchased 8 weeks ago (again, it was in stock), scheduled for 3 weeks, and two and a half hours before install they cancel. I am so far beyond pissed at this point!

I called up the store and these are quotes: "The threshold's a special order from California." "They will ship it out tomorrow or next Monday". "They don't use anything except ground shipping." "We'll let you know when it arrives and we can reschedule the install." My time and my business obviously mean nothing to these people...I will update in a couple of months when/if we ever get this door installed.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of home depot installation and associated monetary loss in the amount of $500. Home Depot needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned home depot installation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Home Depot.

Comments