2.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

someone I know purchased some Ryobi tools for me for father's day.I do not need the particular tools that were purchased.

I cannot return without the order number and I must tell this person I don't want their gift in order to get the order number. Both the local store and the online people are very polite and repeatedly apologize as they tell me I am screwed. The manager responsible for this CUSTOMER UNFIRENDLY POLICY is probably getting a bonus for making sure returns are minimized. So, rather than insult someone who purchased a gift for me, I will give the tools to goodwill.

Thanks Home Depot for crappy service.I will also begin shopping at Lowes.

Review about: Home Depot Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: That i thought they would help me.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

Pleasantville, New York, United States #1346248

How can you say they have a "CUSTOMER UNFRIENDLY POLICY"?You are not their customer.

The person that bought you the tools as a gift is their customer. I am sure they wouldn't have a problem returning the tool, as they have the receipt.

Man up and let the person that bought you the tools know that the tools they purchased for you are not the tools you need and would like to exchange them for tools you can use.I am sure they would rather you be truthful about getting the tools you ca use than having tools you don't need.

The reason they want receipts for the return of tools is that they are stolen all too often. Unless you can prove they were paid for they aren't going to take them back and give you a refund or credit.