142 views

Home Depot hangs banners from the ceiling with promises that are repeated on the receipt: Return anything anytime for a full refund. HA!

I purchased a $120 drill set that did not work. I returned it two weeks later with the receipt. Home Depot's TRE system "denied" the return. The manager would not over-ride it.

Home Depot sold defective merchandise to me and then would not authorize the return of the same merchandise even though I had a receipt. I cut-up my Home Depot credit card and now shop at Lowe's and ACE Hardware.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Just looked at my Home Depot receipt from today and it says nothing about returning products for a full refund. Having worked in retail stores for years I expect there is more to the story than is being told.

My guess is that somehow you have in their eyes abused their return policy with something like excessive returns or too many returns without receipts. Contact the tool manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement.

@PissedConsumer1813944

There is no such thing as "abusing" a return policy. If they no longer honor returns, then there's no need to shop there.

@PissedConsumer1815162

181**** You must work for Home Depot. Try buying the top of the Line lifetime warranty rigid drill keep it for 30 days and then try to return it and see how your luck goes Good luck Home Depot employee

Home Depot Reviews