96 views
Verified Reviewer

I received a call from Home Depot stating they were giving me a free $20 Home Depot gift card and a free water test and I do not have to buy anything, the gift card will be given to me at the end of the test. I asked how long will this take, and I was told under and hour or less depending on how many questions I ask.

The guy came and was here for about 3 hours, I missed my second job because he would not leave and kept doing test after test. At the end I was not given an HD gift card and was told to go to a website where I had to register for it and provided a code and after that I would be able to download the $20 Home Depot gift card, but I was never given any option to download anything and a few days later I got what looks to be a used BJ's gift card with the back already scratched off and nothing saying how much it was for.

I do not even shop at BJ's as there is no BJ's close to me, and I was told I would be getting a Home Depot gift card by the HD rep who called me and also the supervisor who got on the call to confirm my appointment. The company that came out was not even Home Depot, it was a rep from a company called Coastal, and I am beyond pissed that after all the money I spent in Home Depot the past year (about 17k) that they will do this bate and switch on me when in the end me wasting 3 hours of my time, missing work and not even getting the gift card I was promised.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Advertisement.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: I want the promised $20 Home Depot gift card .

Home Depot Pros: No pros.

Home Depot Cons: Over priced, Pushy sales people, Do not get what you think you are paying got, Fake water test to make it look like all of your water is so bad.

Comments