1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

It is outraging to experience the anarchy that customers are submitted to when they contact Home Depot stores. It only shows the lack of consideration that management and some employees have for their customers.

Sometimes it is impossible to get help at the stores because you cannot find an employee on the floor. There are occasions you see 2 or 3 employees talking at the end of an aisle you rush to ask them a question but before you reach them they disappear. My last experience with H.D. was an order on line for a refrigerator which was supposed to be delivered on 01/20/18.

I did not received a call the day before to let me know about the 4 hour window for delivery. I called the Hawthorne, NY store early morning Jan. 20h (I checked my bank account and noticed it had been debited by this store on 1/16/18) to find out when could I expect delivery. I called the appliance Dept.

at that store, spoke with Rashid ( I found out later that he worked in the garden Dept.) who could not find the order on the system. When questioned about the fact that that store had debited my bank account and did not know anything about my order his answer was that H,D, does not make the delivery therefore they did not know about the delivery. He then left me on hold for a long time to try to get more information from a manager by the name of George. Meanwhile my baby granddaughter was crying and I could not attend to her becauseI did not want to loose that call.

I had been disconnected before. Finally Rashid comes back and informed his manager, George, told him that deliveries take place between 6.00 am and 8.30 pm therefore I would have to wait for a call from the delivery company 15 to 20 minutes before the delivery. I complained about not being given a 4 hour window for delivery and he was very fast to say his manager told him the reason why I did not receive a call the day before informing about the 4 hour window was because I did not pay to receive the call.

At this point, as you can imagine, I was very frustrated and asked for the store manager, Fred Schlott, I was told even though he was supposed to be in he would not come in. It is unimaginable how a company can be run this way!

Review about: Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Stressful, Very rarely you find an helpful employee.

I didn't like: Unenvolved management.

Comments

I just experienced the same thing today. My order has been on order and paid for since 11/16/17.

I just got shafted on the 2nd failed delivery today.

They are totally unresponsive and unapologetic.

I have no money and no appliances and my entire kitchen was built around the specs of what I ordered.

I hate Home Depot!!

They are a bunch of lying thieves!

You didn't buy the refrigerator in the store, why are you complaining about the store? You made the purchase on-line. Why aren't you contacting on-line services rather than the store?

and yet thousands of people flock to buy from Home depot every day. I most certainly do not doubt your experience, as i have heard this type of complaint quite frequently through the years.

But as long as people flock to them this type of thing will continue.

It's just a perfect example of the strength of television marketing. If people would stop enabling this type of service, they would fix it.

The store in New Braunfels is the same . Kasey an assit mgr is threatening and unstable.

to Dave clark #1421810

Who is unstable? Why do you keep posting rants about Kasey?