1.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

We purchased 7 day carpet in mid October, the day before the install, 10 days after purchase, we were told the carpet was not in and would be rescheduled for some time in December. I called Home Depot and ordered two more rooms which moved me back to the7 day window, at the next install they didn’t have the carpet in so they installed the first room and rescheduled. After numerous complaints they gave me a date at the end of November but before thanksgiving which we were hosting. When they showed up they removed the carpet and laid the new pad. They then told us they didn’t have enough carpet. They had to reorder. This left us without use of the master bedroom which had pad down but no carpet. At the 4th attempt in mid December, still trying to get it done before Christmas, they ordered the wrong carpet, it is a different color and texture. Home Depot and the installers decided that they could not get the room done before Christmas without installing the different carpet (see picture). They installed and assured me they were ordering all new carpet for the room. At every step of the process I asked how they would make this right, asked for a refund and to cancel and at each step I was told they would make it right. On the 5th attempt they showed up with a piece of carpet that did not match and would not fix the problem so the installers left.

I went to Home Depot and asked for a refund, the manager informed me that the carpet was installed and thus was non refundable. I could accept a partial credit and allow them to continue to try to fix the problem or I could pound sand.

I have repeatedly asked that the company send an employee to the house to see the problems so we can get it right. I have been told by numerous employees in the very store we ordered from that they won’t use their own store because this problem is so prevelant. When I asked about the guarantee I was told that there is no promise in their end, more of a goal than a guarantee.

I have the three more rooms that need carpet and won’t be using Home Depot even though it means that we won’t have the same carpet now. I would never use Home Depot for any installation project agin.

Other issues that we dealt with during this project:

They failed to take the old carpet at first so I had to call numerous times to get it removed from my garage,

They started the project before we moved in and then refused to move furniture after we had moved some stuff I. Due to the long delay, had to talk to Home Depot for an hour to get that right,

Each subsequent trip had to argue about the furniture moving and ultimately moved much of it myself only to find out they wouldn’t be fixing the problem so I wasted several days worth of time moving furniture repeatedly, talking to Home Depot on the phone and going to the store to try to get them to fix the problem.

DONT USE HOME DEPOT CARPET it isn’t 7 day it is more

Like SOME DAY CARPET

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Carpet Installation.

Comments