I purchased a gas trimmer from Home Depot in Sept 2015 and I purchased a 2 year replacement plan.Less than two years later the trimmer stopped working.

I try to submit a claim and I was informed by the telephone customer service person that the two year replacement plan does not kick in until the manufacturers warranty expires (5 year warranty). Home Depot is giving deceptive information to sell the insurance, they told me that if anything went wrong with the trimmer it will be replaced, nothing about waiting 5 years for the insurance to kick in.

I even, mistakenly went to the store to replace it, and I was informed by an Assistant Manager, just to file an online claim and that they will replace it without any issues.Either Home Depot personnel are misinformed or deceiving.' I do not recommend purchasing the replacement policy.

Review about: Home Depot Replacement Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

What is deceiving?You purchase a plan that covers your product 2 years beyond the manufacturer's warranty.

And yes, these plans can even provide more coverage than the manufacturer's warranty but they don't replace it. The 2 year plan gives you a total of 7 years of coverage on the product.

The manufacturer covers it for 5 years and the plan covers an additional 2 years.During the first 5 years you need to deal with the manufacturer and more than likely it means taking your trimmer to a service center and having it repaired.