6100 Mahoning Ave, Austintown, OH 44515, USA
2.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

WENT TO HD TO BUY A TORO LAWN MOWER. PERSON WORKING TALKED ME INTO BUYING A HONDA INSTEAD THE MOWER IS HRX217VKA , 599.00.

THEY HAD ONE ON THE FLOOR ALREADY SET UP AND WAS MARKED DOWN TO 399.00.I ASKED IF IT WAS USED OR RETURNED AND HE TOLD ME IT WAS NEW AND MARKED DOWN FOR CLEARANCE, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS ODD BECAUSE THEY HAD 4 OR 5 FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE OF 599.00.I USED IT FOUR TIMES AND SAW IT WAS HACKING UP MY LAWN AND LEAVING RUTS WHERE THE WHEELS RAN. TRIED TO RETURN IT BUT THEY SAID I WAS PAST THE 30 DAY RETURN POLICY, AND TOLD ME TO TAKE IT TO HONDA SERVICE CENTER AND GET IT REPAIRED. I TOLD THE THAT IT IS NOT BROKEN, JUST NOT ANY GOOD.

THEY SAID THAT MAYBE I COULD SELL IT.I HAVE BEEN A CARPENTER FOR 54 YEARS AND I AM THE SET DESIGNER FOR A LOCAL TV STATION FOR THE LAST 27 YEARS, I HAVE SPENT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AT HD OVER THE YEARS . I WILL CERTAINLY RECONSIDER THE NEXT TIME I BUY ANYTHING.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Return policy.

Comments

Where are you going to go that will take a used mower back after a month? The manufacturer won't take it back from the store, why should they take it back from you?

The manufacturer has a REPAIR warranty, not a replacement warranty. Some stores allow you 30 days to bring it back, others like Menards don't.

Just look at the complaints on other stores boards. It's always a good idea to check out return policies before making a major purchase.

to Anonymous #1498477

I understand the return policy, not disputing that. However I feel that they lied to me about the condition of the mower.Why would they mark down only one mower for clearance while leaving all the others OF THE SAME MODEL at full price,and tell me that it is NEW and unused.

They always have mowers that people bring back and they mark them down. I've looked at them on a number of occasions.

They told me that if I waited a week or two there would probably be 4 or 5 returns for sale cheap. When I bought this one there was three returns for sale.

to ALLEN fRANO #1498565

It's not hard to tell if a mower has been used. Just look at the bottom of the deck.

Is it clean? Is any of the paint under the deck worn off? Do the blades show signs of ware of have dirt on them? In the air filter new or does it have dirt on it?

You don't say when you purchased it.

Didi you buy it last year at the end of the season and they were selling off the displays? This may be the reason the display was marked down and now that you started using it this spring that you are beyond the 30 day return period.

to Anonymous #1498634

When they recondition them they look like they are brand new. I only had it 5 weeks when I decided to take it back.The deck is some space age plastic that is guaranteed for life. I really believe that it was reconditioned and they told me it was new.