2.7
Layout of Store

HOME DEPOT COMPLAINT FILED:

concerning your store in McKinney tx at 1515 Central ave McKinney tx 75070;

store manager -Ferdi Mongo

i purchased a glacier bay toilet item #132992120814 for $88.00. when i got the box home. i proceeded to install the toilet. got the bowl installed to the floor and caulked around it... much to my surprise, i found out, the tank to bowl gasket kit was missing... went back to the store...YOUR RETURNS CLERK WAS A GENTLEMAN...he gave me a flat bed cart and told me to go get the toilet from the shelf that i bought, bring it back and he would give me the gasket kit and just send it back to the vendor...all good!..right? so i did what he told me to do. when i got back to the returns desk, your manager, Ferdi Mongo told me it wouldn't work that way. he suggested that i go get one off the shelf. well, this tank uses a special gasket that you do not stock on your shelf. and he told me that all stock has sealed boxes and no one just takes parts out of a box... so he insulted me..not once but twice! 1) telling me that i was mistaken; not possible the gasket kit could have been missing from the box.

2) insulted me again by inferring that it was me who made the mistake and i misplaced the gasket kit. by the time he finished insulting me, and we finished our "spat", he opened the box, gave me the gasket kit THAT NEVER WAS IN THE BOX I PURCHASED. and i went on my way....BY THE WAY...THE BOX I PURCHASED HAD BLUE TAPE SEALING THE BOX...THAT IS NOT A FACTORY SEAL...SOMEONE IN THAT STORE OPENED THE BOX AND RE-SEALED IT WITH THAT BLUE TAPE..IM NOT ***...AND I THINK YOUR STORE MANAGER OWES ME AN APOLOGY AND A REPRIMAND FOR INSULTING ME IN FRONT OF STORE CUSTOMERS...WHY WOULD I TRAVEL 16 MILES ROUND TRIP ON MY DAY OFF TO STIFF YOU FOR A GASKET KIT? WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE? I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME!

LOOK AT THOSE PICTURES; DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A FACTORY SEAL TO YOU? ...NO! SOMEONE RE-SEALED THAT BOX IN THE STORE! AND I DON'T HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH A STORE MANAGER ABOUT HOW HE THINKS I MISPLACED SOMETHING THAT I DIDN'T MISPLACE!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss return, exchange or cancellation policy of glacier bay toilet. Home Depot needs to "an apology and a reprimand of the store manager...let him be humiliated the same way he humiliated me in his store!" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned glacier bay toilet in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Home Depot.

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments