Home Depot - CUSTOMER SERVICE

34 of 1443 Home Depot reviews

HOME DEPOT COMPLAINT FILED:

concerning your store in McKinney tx at 1515 Central ave McKinney tx 75070;

store manager -Ferdi Mongo

i purchased a glacier bay toilet item #132992120814 for $88.00. when i got the box home. i proceeded to install the toilet. got the bowl installed to the floor and caulked around it... much to my surprise, i found out, the tank to bowl gasket kit was missing... went back to the store...YOUR RETURNS CLERK WAS A GENTLEMAN...he gave me a flat bed cart and told me to go get the toilet from the shelf that i bought, bring it back and he would give me the gasket kit and just send it back to the vendor...all good!..right? so i did what he told me to do. when i got back to the returns desk, your manager, Ferdi Mongo told me it wouldn't work that way. he suggested that i go get one off the shelf. well, this tank uses a special gasket that you do not stock on your shelf. and he told me that all stock has sealed boxes and no one just takes parts out of a box... so he insulted me..not once but twice! 1) telling me that i was mistaken; not possible the gasket kit could have been missing from the box.

2) insulted me again by inferring that it was me who made the mistake and i misplaced the gasket kit. by the time he finished insulting me, and we finished our "spat", he opened the box, gave me the gasket kit THAT NEVER WAS IN THE BOX I PURCHASED. and i went on my way....BY THE WAY...THE BOX I PURCHASED HAD BLUE TAPE SEALING THE BOX...THAT IS NOT A FACTORY SEAL...SOMEONE IN THAT STORE OPENED THE BOX AND RE-SEALED IT WITH THAT BLUE TAPE..IM NOT ***...AND I THINK YOUR STORE MANAGER OWES ME AN APOLOGY AND A REPRIMAND FOR INSULTING ME IN FRONT OF STORE CUSTOMERS...WHY WOULD I TRAVEL 16 MILES ROUND TRIP ON MY DAY OFF TO STIFF YOU FOR A GASKET KIT? WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE? I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME!

LOOK AT THOSE PICTURES; DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A FACTORY SEAL TO YOU? ...NO! SOMEONE RE-SEALED THAT BOX IN THE STORE! AND I DON'T HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH A STORE MANAGER ABOUT HOW HE THINKS I MISPLACED SOMETHING THAT I DIDN'T MISPLACE!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Reason of review:
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution:
an apology and a reprimand of the store manager...let him be humiliated the same way he humiliated me in his store!
Product or service
2Pc Glacier Bay Toilet
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #945623 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Home Depot? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
34 of 1443 Home Depot reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Home Depot. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Home Depot.
Filing a new complaint about
×