I had the Home Depot install a granite countertop. About 14 months after installation, I noticed a hairline crack on the countertop in front of the sink.
I called the store and they sent someone to look into it. We were told that we must have cracked the countertop and that it was no longer under warranty. They refused to take responsibility and said that it would cost $1000 to repair.
It has now been almost 3 years since installation. the hairline crack has now "spidered" and is 17 inches long and the granite is sinking. The crack is wide enough for food to get stuck in there. I have repeatedly tried to have this store address the problem and they keep ignoring me! They've had so many different managers in the last 3 years that I just keep getting lost in their changes and no one cares.
The most recent manager gave me false hopes of finally resolving this matter. He told me he would call me "tomorrow" to set up an appointment to come over and see the damages for himself. It has now been 4 weeks and I have not heard from him. I will NEVER again buy anything from the Home Depot.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Granite Countertop
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "We ordered a custom JELD-WEN sliding glass door from Home Depot on 10/2012. It arrived via delivery van with a crack on the top of vinyl seam. The 2nd door..."
- "I have been communicating (or attempting to communicate) with the store manager of the Buckhead store in Atlanta since late October. And my last several emails have been ignored My..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "DON'T EVER use this product!!! It doesn't work & they don't stand behind it! A brand NEW iPhone 6 destroyed!!!!! Please pass the word... They claim water proof..."
- "It might not be illegal but it should be. A baby sitting in a bar stool at the bar crying while mother drinks her beer. Manager did tell her (after..."
- "Wished we had believed all the bad reviews, we ended up with alot of defective, poor quality furniture that was not inexpensive to buy. After about a month, discovered the..."