Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

I had the Home Depot install a granite countertop. About 14 months after installation, I noticed a hairline crack on the countertop in front of the sink.

I called the store and they sent someone to look into it. We were told that we must have cracked the countertop and that it was no longer under warranty. They refused to take responsibility and said that it would cost $1000 to repair.

It has now been almost 3 years since installation. the hairline crack has now "spidered" and is 17 inches long and the granite is sinking. The crack is wide enough for food to get stuck in there. I have repeatedly tried to have this store address the problem and they keep ignoring me! They've had so many different managers in the last 3 years that I just keep getting lost in their changes and no one cares.

The most recent manager gave me false hopes of finally resolving this matter. He told me he would call me "tomorrow" to set up an appointment to come over and see the damages for himself. It has now been 4 weeks and I have not heard from him. I will NEVER again buy anything from the Home Depot.

Review about: Granite Countertop.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Home Depot Installation
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

Are you kidding???? 14 months later. What the *** is wrong with you.

I am going through the EXACT same thing now with my kitchen granite countertop purchased and installed by my local home depot. Did they ever resolve your situation?

sandy

"Your fault"--you happen to be the *** b/c Home Depot gets their granite from the same stone yard as "high end" granite suppliers...hahahahaha...you are just dumb enough to pay more for the same product!!

anon

natural stone is predispositioned to crack if exposed to extreme heat or expanding and contracting water.you got a piece of stone that had the right combination to crack.

oops.welcome to life.

14 months

Too much time went by, you lose.

Willa

Was considering doing a kitchen and 4 bathrooms with Home Depot Granite this week. Based on them not immediately handling this promptly, my order is going to another installer. So bad for business to treat their customers that way.

homedepot_care

Hi, this is Tinzley with Home Depot Customer Care; I just wanted to let you know I received your email and I am looking in to this for you. tinzley_care@homedepot.com

The Home Depot

2455 Paces Ferry Rd

Atlanta, GA 30339

your fault

You should have inspected the piece before installation. Its your fault. Live with your stupidity.

What *** buys a slab of granite from the home depot anyway?