72 views
Verified Reviewer

5.0

We arrived at Home Depot around 9:30 in the morning to pick up an online order.I called to confirm with the young lady about what I ordered ,how much it was and that we were coming to pick it up also informed her that her only be picking up 20 bags now and 22 bags later.Because we knew that the bags are stored outside we started to help load because they normally only said one person.An older woman approach my husband instead of her asking if he had a receipt ,instead of her asking if we placed the order, the first thing she said to him was" IT'S NOT WORTH STEALING YOU DON'T WANT TO GO TO JAIL. In response, because my husband was offended he reverted to using profanity I was listening to the interaction I got out the car and I explained to her that I did place an online order I also explained to her that Home Depot's corporate policy states that you do not get confrontational with that of a customer or even if you suspect it to be a thief.

You are supposed to go and inform your manager, but you are not supposed to confront the person you suspect or accusing of stealing, but yet even though she did that,she still had yet to ask for a receipt. She went on further after telling him it's not worth stealing he might go to jail.

She went on further to threaten to call the police on him for stealing never ,yet asking for receipt so my husband told her to call the damn police and while she was at it to get her manager. When the young man came out I explain to him the situation I explained to him what I said to the young lady on the phone,I explain to him the interaction between the woman and my husband, I explained all of those things he straighten out my order we picked up 20 bags and as I was leaving I called corporate to report it.

But the young lady that answered my call complaint was excellent she is everything you what expect from a Home Depot employee and how they should carry themselves.

User's recommendation: I don't recommend the austell store, I would recommend they use the lithia springs or Douglasville store they are excellent.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 3999 Austell Rd, Austell, GA 30106